Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you do when someone messes up a spy mission in a public game? What do you do if you screw up?

Tesseract7777

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Merrcenary:

people who knows how to do spy do it in solo

No. I can quickly hack two 2 points nearby (as a wukong with autohack and speed). but if someone hacks at least 1, then I'm much faster.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Tesseract7777:

When someone screws up do you:

C) Offer to try the mission again, suggesting that everyone screws up sometimes

i farmed normal ivara. and i have ignored certain spy missions. it was somehow totally strange and I don't feel like doing that at all. actually I can only fail here, if at all.

the publics are mostly ok. yes, every now and then there are beginners and unprepared people. but mostly i meet people who know missions. and if they have no idea, they will just farm mobs or do something else.

Usually i simply do spy sortie missions solo... I use infiltrate ivara so i never fail the spy mission, but if i would cause a fail in pub i guess i would say sorry and see if they want to go again or not. 

If spy is not the first mission in the set and i did the mission previously with a group i'm more inclined to stick with them and do spy with them instead of solo. 

However if someone screws up a spy mission which imo should never happen i simply leave with no comment about it and go solo, don't like to waste my time. 

My biggest pet peeve isn't someone who fails their own attempt on either A, B or C, but someone who causes me to fail my own by tripping the alarms while I am sneaking through my objective point. Comes running in guns a blazing, stumbling through every laser and scanner and sets off the fail safe timer.  I don't mind failure in someone's attempt unless they are attempting to sneak into the same vault I am already currently in. 

i don't tell them anything, but i do make use of my vocabulary inside my head

but on the other hand i haven't done public spy missions since the release of Ivara (in hoping to farm her parts faster, but that turned into solo too soon enough)

if I do a spy mission that can fail, I just run it solo. Its quicker as people usually fail especially if we talk about sorties.

If its an open one where it doesnt matter then Im like whatever and I go public to make mission finish quicker.

Its all about what will be done quicker.

In general I try spy mission in pub to see how it goes sometimes i end up on unprepared squad and we completely fail sometimes they know they are bad and let me do all 3 vaults and even better if everyone succeed. Got Ivara with augment and Perspicacity and its quite safe and fast.  In general we try again and goes well.

I did farm the regular Ivara using Valkyr and later on Ivara Prime solo it makes you find all passages and hidden pipes.

you simply never give this situation to happen you see spy turn on solo go in and scan for simaris steel path/sorties 10 minuts to maximize  

if efficiency isnt your 1st choice you can public until your nerves breaks up xD...

and you know whats the funniest part here xD on public people challenging each other hell knows why xD

When the mission is to spy on uranus and jupiter and the kuva fortress I play alone to avoid these types of problems because they are more difficult missions and the vast majority unfortunately do not know and that ends up destroying the session. These are missions that require more knowledge.

On 2021-02-14 at 5:03 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Obviously this question doesn't really apply if you just play solo or with friends and pre-made groups. 

But, this is something I have been thinking about lately. How do most players actually react when another player causes a spy mission to fail, and what is your reaction when you screw up? 

When someone screws up do you:

A) Berate them

B) Mock them

D) Simply disconnect without saying anything and look for a different group

E) Other (Explain) 

And if you screw up do you: 

A) Apologize and explain what happen, then disconnect

B) Just Straight disconnect without saying anything 

C) Say nothing and see if the group just wants to try again with you anyways

D) Apologize, explain yourself, and ask to try again

E) Other (Explain) 

I will admit, that for me, I am usually guilty of just straight disconnecting, whether it is someone else screwing up, or a very rare situation where I do. If it's me I want to avoid the embarrassment of dealing with those people further and just dc, sometimes I squeak out an apology first for my mishap so they know I am not trolling. If someone else screws up, I usually also just dc. I feel I would be a better person if I apologized and offered to try again with groups, and if someone else screwed up, told them it's okay and offered to try again, but that's not how I usually end up reacting, I'll be perfectly honest. 

What about all of you? How do you react and why? Or do you just never bother with spy in public games for this very reason? 

1. I have Ivara.

2. In all honesty, failing a vault isn't a problem unless you're doing the 0/2 or 0/3 missions. Fail 2 vaults, the mission just ends. There's no time to scream at each other.

Either way, I choose to be part of the solution - not the problem. People goof. That's it. There's no reason to scamper off with your tail between your legs, or to be the toxic A****** of the group.

On 2021-02-14 at 2:03 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

What about all of you? How do you react and why? Or do you just never bother with spy in public games for this very reason? 

I've stumbled into a few that failed over the years and I haven't said anything to my recollection.

If the person failed accidentally that might feel bad about it and me saying something just makes it worse... I don't want that on my Karma.

or

The person did it on purpose and saying something wouldn't matter anyway.

For my part, I'm a slowpoke so haven't made it to a room before someone else either completed or failed it.

You didn’t learn this stuff in your childhood?

If something is your fault you apologise. If something is someone else’s fault you don’t berate them over it. In fact, when other people fail spy missions, I normally say something kind “ah well, it happens,” to take the sting out a little bit.

On 2021-02-14 at 4:03 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

A) Berate them

B) Mock them

D) Simply disconnect without saying anything and look for a different group

E) Other (Explain) 

And if you screw up do you: 

A) Apologize and explain what happen, then disconnect

B) Just Straight disconnect without saying anything 

C) Say nothing and see if the group just wants to try again with you anyways

D) Apologize, explain yourself, and ask to try again

E) Other (Explain) 

I mostly solo spy missions, but sometimes i decide to go on a public match.

A) Most of the times is the other people who do this toxic practice, not me.
B) Same as above
C) No one ever ask for this in my experience so far in public matches.
D) People would rather drop the mission instantly the moment they fail a spy vault, is a common thing to see.

If i am the one who screws it up:

A) I mostly stay silent, because is better to stay silent, than to say something like "sorry" fully knowing and expecting the others to be complete trolls or toxic mofos. Then again, i have a lot of experience with every single Spy vault, so i hardly fail, but it happens sometimes.
B) That is what the others do, and is extremely rude to do that, specially if you are the host. I just keep going with the mission. Unless is a sortie, the mission do not end in failure if you fail all 3 vaults, it turns into an exterminate mission.
C) This is what happens most of the time.
D) Apologizing works only sometimes. Asking to try again never works.

i would deploy air support ordis to halt the timer to try and salvage the situation as if they mess up the vault they are not solely to blame if you did nothing to try to fix the mistake as i find nobody cares if you tripped the alarm so long as you didnt lose the vault

sure ordis has a cooldown so you cannot spam it but if everyone uses their ordis one after the other you can halt the timer for a bit but it seems nobody uses ordis support

I'm mastery rank 30. I don't remember the last time I actually need anything from Spy missions. I did do the Spy Sortie with a group a few days ago. Had one of the team mates ask where to begin in one of the vaults. I just waypoint the enterence and he had the console hacked 2 minutes later. 95% of the time I just solo Spy missions. Less room for errors. If we do fail the mission, I do retry the missioin to see if anyone sticks around. But I'm going to just hack one console only.

Mostly I just leave since the chances are someone has a meltdown on the other side of the screen, so signing up fresh is quicker than having that person leave or accept a new try.

If I fail I appologize, though I cannot remember the last time I failed in a spy vault. I tend to rather tell people that I'm ok with doing all the vaults incase someone else feels unsure.

Not that I run spy sorties very often in group. I rather do the quick solo runs with Wukong, or the 100% safe runs on certain maps solo on Ivara.

Usually just laugh and joke about it.

If you play with effects transparancy low or a highly lid room it can be almost impossible to spot lasers.

Also nothing wrong with asking people for help in any situation in the game, including if you don't know the layout of the vault you have to do.

I literally never got a negative reaction from anyone in-game ever asking for help. Aslong as you let people in on what the situation is, people enjoy helping is the impression I get.

Archived