Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the general consensus about Warframe?

_4shes

Opinion/Personal Observation

TLDR;  With so many conflicting views and arguments, is there something every player can generally agree on when it comes to core Waframe?

There are so many vocal groups in the community that it's kind of hard to really gauge what the general community really wants or thinks about the game.  We have veterans who want an endgame, veterans who don't want an endgame, people who call the game grindy, people who think the grind is justified, pessimists, optimists and people who are generally just cool with what direction the game goes. The most difficult aspect of having such a diverse group of opinions is which one is valued most or what does everyone generally agree on when it comes to the fundamentals/core game? (Excluding bugs and fixes of course because that's a no brainer. EVERYONE welcomes bug fixes).  Can anyone help me answer this? 

Disclaimer: I don't play this game or visit the community quite often anymore so if the answer is very obvious or blatant I apologize. I am very sorry if I am adding to a worn out and done to death discussion. 

The only thing players here could agree on is that the overall community doesn't agree on anything. And even then I'm sure you'll find people who would argue against that claim saying conflicting opinions on some topics aren't "valid" for one reason or another.

And even when it comes to bug fixes you can find those of the opinion that bug fixes aren't a priority. As with most bugs you'll find that a lot of players manage to never encounter them once while others manage to see them every other mission they run. Or there is the group of "who cares it's dead content, give us new content instead of fixing something nobody plays".

Hope you’re not looking for anything too specific 😋.

In my opinion, Warframe gives us a whole lot of options, and the value of said options is interpreted subjectively.

For my part, I heavily treat the options from a role-playing perspective; I’m a Tenno scrapper (as in fighter) who has a dog and defends objectives, stealthily assassinates targets, picks flowers, works towards equalizing the balance of power, will one day have their own mech after doing dirty deeds, was convinced by a Cephalon to rebuild a Railjack and paid full price and then some (Once on Switch when it first came out, and more recently on PC). I’ve failed trying to get Konzu’s relic, I’ve engaged in gladiatorial combat against The Executioners, I’ve given the Corpus the “😛“ face as I’ve blitzed past them on my k-drive, I’ve faced the Wolf of Saturn Six and he struck me down, I’ve helped Baro rediscover who he is (he’s a lot nicer to me now), the list goes on and on and on. Pick an option and I’ll most likely have fun with it

edit: And there’s still mysteries of the world for me to unwravel, and part of their mystery is that my imagination wanders

Yeah, we're about as united as the Origin System 🤷‍♀️

Aside from the lack of mainline story stuff, it's nice to duck in, do some random stuff and duck out again, depending on what I feel like doing.

I do get the occasional urge to start a new account and go through the star chart again. There's just something about strugglebussing your way through the game, having access to none of the stuff you have later on.

1 hour ago, _4shes said:

(Excluding bugs and fixes of course because that's a no brainer. EVERYONE welcomes bug fixes)

Even this does not actually have agreement. There are plenty of players who are very vocal about resisting bug fixes for certain parts of the game [specifically parts of the game that they don't like / play] "because it takes away resources from more important things" (their words, not mine). 

No one likes conclave. Less people like the one guy who did that bullied DE into changing the universal medallion who lied about how much he played and then shortly left never to return.

The percentage of people who like conclave are so infinitesimal as to be mathematically non existent. 

other than that no, we can’t agree on anything not even on whether or not we can agree on that. 

3 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Even this does not actually have agreement. There are plenty of players who are very vocal about resisting bug fixes for certain parts of the game [specifically parts of the game that they don't like / play] "because it takes away resources from more important things" (their words, not mine). 

That, and fixes to bugs that were beneficial to players get a pretty mixed reception at best.

The game has its down sides, but it also has incredible pluses. It’s a strong live service game, better than destiny in some places, its a better platform to build a community upon. It also has trade which is seldom seen in other games. The gameplay itself vastly outdoes the actual game design though. Although it’s almost unanimously agreed upon that warframe is a great feeling game to play, with how the player behaves in the world, movement, weapons, physical gameplay- what we actually DO in the game sometimes struggles to pace with that, the actual content can drag, especially at veteran level, which is where destiny really trumps warframe. Right now I’m playing destiny- and I have an incentive to improve because of the difficulty of raids and PVP. That’s personal, but I feel like warframe has slipped into being a casual game which isn’t for everyone’s taste. The negativity around competitive play is also one of warframe's biggest problems. I’ve had four friends pick up warframe and one question is always “where’s the PVP” and I have to explain... “so there’s this wolf sledge you see...” people come in with expectations with a game so smooth and impressive in your hands. Maybe ease up on the stationary nature of some missions- that’s something I hear a lot. 

Yeah in my almost 30 years of gaming, this is the most entitled community i have ever seen. people will speak up, they will not hold back their opinions. and opinions will always differ.

I swear to god, even if DE managed to fix every single bugs in the game, pump great contents, make story that can wipe the floor with Last Of Us and God Of War, then make warframe Game Of The Year 2022, i absolutely promise you this: someone will make a thread that says: "sure warframe is great and all now, but i miss the old warframe".

I swear it will definitely happen. If there's one thing we can count on in this community: nothing can stand unargued. Including this post, someone will quote this and disagree with me.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Holy Reaper3076 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I feel like Warframe being so broad is actually its biggest downfall. With so many factors being considered into development, it's nearly impossible to satisfy everyone.

Your post reminded me of a video that someone posted just recently. They wanted to point out a specific part of it, but I watched the whole thing too and feel it’s worth a look (I had it on 1.5x speed in the background while doing other stuff)

Of note (I thought) is how basically Steve was like “Yeah, Warframe’s got a big appetite.”. I really don’t want to summarize the entire thing in one post (sorry, no TLDW here), since a huge part of this video is how the community influences them (DE), and there’s context that’s important across the video.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

A while back maybe, but now that statement doesn't really hold up; unless you like melee spam that is.

I think that everyone would agree that fun combat SHOULD be at the core of the game. Whether or not it is presently, on the other hand...

Warframe is that one person who constantly trips over their own feet, falls down stairs, gets splashed by passing cars after rain and keeps bungling everything they try to some capacity but is always there for you in the end despite being the world's largest klutz who keeps pulling the push door.

In short, very much imperfect but endearing and reliable.

...So basically Goofy in game form.

page front GIF

Archived