Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a bit off topic but, I wonder if the grineer galleon is ever getting remastered like gas city and corpus ship.

Terezmo

I really liked the deadlock protocol introduced more lore to the corpus and reconstruct the entire corpus ship design. It would be cool for something like for the galleon ships and even the asteroid base as well, being in contrast to the corpus more economic and technical aesthetic, by having a more dark and brutal atmosphere with a hint of kuva seen in the kuva fortress. I know duviri is the current focus, but an update like that for the grineer would be really cool to see as a small future update.

Ever since Wolf's lore was added to the game, I've always wanted to see a Saturn tileset in the theme of a gigantic prison complex. And since Railjack added new base designs, I've wanted to see the Asteroid Base tileset get more open areas. It has maybe one or two rooms, but I'd like to seem more of it like that. And I'm not opposed to just getting a Galleon overhaul in general.

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Seems unlikely to me.

Reason being that a lot of the Grineer assets that look outdated are in use in all sorts of new content as well. They would have their work cut out for them to remaster nearly every Grineer asset being used in those tiles.

I'm no expert but surely they could just update those particular models in the game files and it would seamlessly replace it in all of those tile sets since they'd all be referencing the same model rather than being individually built from the ground up for each placement of the asset, while remaking the actual tileset would be the main chunk of the work.

9 hours ago, Terezmo said:

an update like that for the grineer would be really cool to see as a small future update.

I agree, though the Grineer tend to take an "if it ain't broke.." approach to things, so it makes sense that their ships would all be very similar: the Galleons are produced on a massive assembly line across the Shipyards of Ceres (some of the tiles if you look around, are literally unfinished Galleon Rooms; it looks like they build the rooms individually and then weld them all together, very grineer lol), and changing the layouts would mean more time spent on production; not what you want if you're trying to constantly crank out as many ships as possible for your war efforts. (or as the grineer would call it, "effort".)

it would be neat IMO if parts of the ship had clearly been field-repaired or damaged: Galleons that survive combat with Corpus Ships would need Dredges or other units to carry out repairs, and you could see where stuff has clearly been bodged together to keep the ship going until it can dock for a proper repair. I'd also say let us explore more of the vents, loading bays and other parts of the Galleon we don't really see, but by now the Grineer are probably used to the idea of Tenno sneaking in so would keep these areas locked down as much as possible. 

as others have said, though, tileset reworks usually end up being harder to navigate, albeit visually stunning, but Grineer don't really care about visuals, so I don't see it really happening any time soon.

9 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

If they do decide to remake grineer tile sets I'm sure they would look great.....and feel terrible to play on. 

If the Corpus ship rework is anything to go by, then I’m inclined to agree. At least that particular rework got rid of the shattered glass lockdown effect. 

I would rather see Europa redone. The Corpus crashed ice ship one is just hateful.

As much as I love slaughtering Grineer. I'd love for them to...

REMASTER

...the Grineer Maps. Make em all nice, pretty, and graphically satisfied. 

That said...

I also want unique tilesets/skyboxes for all planets.

Why Venus, Europa, (some of) Mars, Phobos, Neptune, and Pluto all look the same is unacceptable. 

Neptune needs to look more...Jupiter-ish (perhaps they can add a blue/purple tinted to the gases?)

Pluto needs a unique Orb Vallis-ish map. (Hell use the interior of Orb Vallis Facilities for it. 

I want fire and ice maps for Venus.

Grineer wise...

Yeah....Saturn needs a unique tileset the most, followed by Mercury then Sedna. 

Sedna should look dark, red, and haunting. It needs a unique tileset.

Mars is fine but it needs a reddish tint impo. 

Uranus would be cool with remastered underwater facilities, capsized ships, etc. 

Mercury should have sights of the sun, and etc. 

Edit: 

REMASTER = Keep it the same but clean it up, update it to modern graphics, etc. 

Remake = Completely rebuild it, change it up where needed, etc. 

As Grineer aesthetic is by its nature junky, it still holds together. What I would like to see are the Mars Rocks and non-Grineer structures on the Mars maps to be  dialed up. Yeah, I noticed they put dirt detail maps on the asset meshes rock shaders to look more detailed, but I think they should go further. Keep the general shapes so QA testing won't be too harsh. Of all the environments Mars is clearly the worst of the lot. 

Archived