Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets have a talk about this.

Falhurst

Sounds like a case of it's easier to let others think for me then to think for myself.  I barely ever watch warframe youtubers for a reason, they aren't some brilliant people most of the time that can make exceptional warframe builds or weapon builds that I can't think of myself simply by reading what affects x, y, or z on rhino for example or how to build a weapon and what type of riven I'd ideally want on weapon Y.  

Warframe is doing fine.  It's been doing the same thing for years and it is really good at it while also introducing brand new things that didn't exist when I started like eso, arbitrations, and soon empyrean.  The people that are sick of it are not the people who are DE's main source of income I'm willing to bet as I can't count the number of people I have sold primes to who are MR <5 and have a wukong prime equipped along with his weapons or whatever the latest prime access is.  

2 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

Is there ever such a fantasy situation where feedback is 100% the same? It wouldn't really be good feedback anyway if it was all the same...

DE had a pretty solid reputation of listening to it's players. That was never because everybody in the community agreed with one another. Now you hear more and more players voicing the opinion of DE not listening. You see lots of dev workshops where no one even bothers replying to the threads beyond the initial post and then it gets released exactly as it was introduced without any comments. That's a pretty big change in behavior from DE and it's not something you can blame the community for.

DE has never had a solid reputation for listening to players. I've been here long enough to know that. They listen and reply to what they want to and any good stories about them listening is cherry-picked.

DE is more or less the same.

Edited by Goodwill

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

And note: Rio isn't speaking for you, or me, or anybody else. He speaks for himself, and always makes that clear.

Doesn't matter. Other tubers do as well and people all take up the same *@##&#036;fork and flaming because they feel "attacked" due to being unable to comprehend either what is being stated or so egotistical they read what they want to read.

*shrugs* I have more important things to do rather than watch someone's op'ed.

5 hours ago, Falhurst said:

Dont @ me.

So, you want to start a conversation, but you don't want to be addressed?

If you don't want to have a discussion, to have your opinion challenged and to rationalize it, then your opinion is invalid and irrelevant by default. And thus I'm going to just ignore reading anything beyond this point.

• Like 2

Oh for god sakes..You have basically a bunch of glorified "I'm leaving" forum posts in a youtube video format from content creators and their followers whining because they're getting the internet being the internet with internet replies to said " I'm Leaving, Here's an Essay on Why" video blog...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

To be a bit brainless and lazy.

You've certainly gotten quite a bit of confirmation here on this forum with the nature of the comments here -with many of them being implicitly rude and snarky-, but as you complained (I think rightly) I have a feeling you're thinking of an earlier time of forum-posting, where this "culture" didn't manifest, where people spoke their thoughts more plainly and with less "crowd appeal". Personally, I'd blame the post voting system (that lets you mark posts here on warframe) that would -in an ideal world- allow the best thoughts to rise to the top, instead it dignifies -and badly- a kind of vulgar "crowdpleasing" posting that is inherently offensive or -at the least- snarky, (there is a lot of cross-pollinating between this forum and the warframe subreddit for sure) personally, I'd like to modify forum post votes to require a small sentence to be given out as an explanation to voting, but hey, we gotta deal with what we got.

About some others, I would rather say that warframe gets updates too slowly, or that the content is "eaten up" too quickly, I'd object to DE adding in "grind barriers" to content patches to inflate the content (since I like how easily rewards are gotten nowadays) so it's something we'll have to deal with, but if you need a break (or a wanting to rant) then just do it, I mean there are plenty of other games out there, warframe only has so much novelty in it before it runs dry.

I wouldn't they ignore customer feedback, it's rather they're slow about responding to it, and are selective about it; I remember posts years ago complaining about dogs and cats added to the game saying that it was a pointless addition, or how archwing was a pointless feature (which it would be if it wasn't for the open-world) and yet they went ahead, maybe they have plans that go beyond the shorter-term customer feedback loop, and we complain because we can't see where it all might lead. Still they do -they delayed the umbral essences due to player's complaints- so it's just a matter of where you look.

You really should work on the readability of your comments though, just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean it'll make sense to everyone else. (or maybe it's my shrunken personal discipline/attention span)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

this thread doesn't need 80% of the replies. 

somebody put thought and effort into making a post explaining how they feel about a game they've been active in FOR 7 YEARS. respect the grind boiz. if nothing else. damn.

I don't know about you but this

On 2019-09-20 at 12:10 AM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

is golden, 10/10 would upvote again. It has that funny element combined with a vigorous hint of rebellion.

Spent more time than I care to admit laughing.

Edited by Olphalarepth

47 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

is golden, 10/10 would upvote again. It has that funny element combined with a vigorous hint of rebellion.

Spent more time than I care to admit laughing.

Happy it made you laugh then XD

If you already know her you won't have a hard time to find this image

rio irks my biggest pet peeve and i stopped taking rob seriously when the login reward "wars" since he went back on his word and thoroughly pissed me off with his im right your wrong attitude to the point he would delete your comments if he felt you didn't watch the hour long whine that could be summed up in like 30 minutes 

so thank you for the long filler comment of i quit bon voyage meta complainer 
also now to follow my tradition when i see someone say dont @ them @Falhurst 

Sorry OP but I just don't get why your type of vets are not thinking with logic. It's all emotional thinking, nothing more.

EVERY 2nd and 4th quarter, DE releases the largest updates with mid level updates in Q1 and Q3 and small updates monthly. The updates try to target the same sequence and attempts to spread the love with new modes, Tennogen, reworks, lore and graphical/audible upgrades. You want mostly option 1 while others want to see their hard work pay off with Tennogen. None of that matters however, when you've played this game for seven years and expect a now significantly bigger game to keep the same pace as its smaller, simpler version in 2012/2013.

When you say they don't respond to feedback, which of the random thousands of comme ts are you referring to? I want left, you want right and player three wants center. Who's right? Who should they go with without pissing off the other two? C'mon, think! The loudest barkers are endgame vets. They get their wish and the next loudest barkers will be noos or casuals with you all becoming the new "white knights". DE is fine. It us that's the problem. 

On 2019-09-20 at 5:16 AM, Falhurst said:

Hello fwends. Many of you don't know me nor am I a big name in the Warframe community like Mogamu, Rob or Rio, however they all have a voice just like myself and many of you, which hopefully can be heard. Today I would like to say what has been on my mind and my feelings on the state of Warframe in 2019. Dont @ me.

I have been a veteran player of the game for over seven years even before the founders package took place. Myself and a couple of buddies at the time really took a liking to the very space ninja looter shooter but what really captivating was the aesthetics of the characters, world and visuals. It was something different and felt like it tied to an old warrior code that withstood over few millennia took place in the future. At the time while I found the game enjoyable it felt incomplete. So I left the game alone for a year and let it stack up which was a good decision because it was then when the events took place and pushed the story of the game while also raising questions about the world even more. It felt that DE was recieing and take the feedback of their player base with grace to help the game grow. Then came the many of the cinematic quests which were amazing in their own rights. The Second Dream gave us astounding reveal to the game and our characters, The War Within gave us more about reveals about what really happened on that ship and to the Tenno, and the Sacrifice also had good reveal too, but what drew me more to that quest was how intimate it was with Umbra and the Tenno while touching on the subject of PTSD. It felt as if the story and the game were heading in the right direction and that there was more love and care poured in to the game. They weren't perfect but I'd be lying if I said they weren't enjoyable. Gameplay was fun fast paced packed with many different weapons to frames for us to play with. Fashion Frame was something cool because I do love making my characters looking a certain way while killing S#&amp;&#036;(pardon my French). 

While I do love this game as of recent times I havent really been playing it much as I use to. LETS BE CLEAR just because I criticize something, doesnt mean I dont like it. Not just because of the content drought or lack of endgame or the wait for Railjack, the POE, Fortuna, raids and main game not feeling connected, while I have a tremendous of respect for DE and the devs, it seems like their ambitions have caused them lose out what makes important: Feedback. Feedback from your fanbase is very important because it help elevate the growth and progress of the game, but at the same time may be a detriment depending on the point of view of course. The game was getting an overwhelming amount of praise from its fanbase so much that DE are missing on the shifting view on the game. Like it said the meme of Gumball "I think we know where this is going" The real reason I haven't been playing as much I did before other than what I mentioned above is the drama that has been surrounding the game and community.  Many players have been attacking people for having different opinions or even slight bit criticism, look at what happened to IFlynn and Reaper Hunter. It feels like alot of players of Warframe are ruining this game and thats not an attack. It's something that has been pointed out by many. But honestly those who defend this game are really not helping the game grow and sometimes you need a little tough love. Right now, the game is making a steady decline and thats not good. What happened recently, not something I gonna touch because I'm not a lawyer, but that is serious if many fans feel like they're being slighted. I dont want the game to end up like Anthem and die out. The right now it has become a meme, with its aesthetics and not in a good way. Just recently I decided to put the game down until the next big updates come out. I was played the Sacrifice one last time not just because it was personal fav, but there has to be a sacrifice to be made in order to grow. DE is their own company and they can run it anyway they please and I respect that but as vet to and watch this game to end up like this, something had to be said. Rob, Mogamu and Rio have all said what they felt. I just felt like I should say mine. I love this game and respect my community, but I cant respect overall are people that becoming bullies and lack empathy. DE themselves are cool and wholesome people, had the pleasure of meeting them as well as partied with them in NY, but they need more consistent content to the keep the players invested and community needs to sit down and reflect on how they treat others. Anyways, this will do for me saying what I wanted to say. Be respectful. Take care. Give your thoughts and feels below. 

PS this isnt to say about the entire community as a whole. Everyone is their own individual and should be treated as such.  

-Falhurst (PC) Dandy Zoran (Switch)

P

a

r

a

g

r

a

p

h

s

• Like 1

On 2019-09-19 at 10:16 PM, Falhurst said:

Anthem died from the start :D. 

But it can happen to Warframe, as well, if [DE] are not careful. 

Despite what a lot of players are going to say, basic game mechanics in WF have progressively become less and less engaging. There has been a bit too much focus on producing things to consume, while the activity you engage to earn those things has suffered. Your point about the community declining is correct, but these days you have squads made of spinning Inaroses/Saryns/Equinoxes, and they defend that thing by saying that it shortens the grind time as if that's the only thing that ever mattered. [DE] in general have committed a mistake by, at a point in time, focusing more on grind walls(just a simple generalist term) and ways to reduce said grind than on actual minute to minute game-play and social interaction. I am perfectly aware that if they commit more to co-op gameplay it will increase toxicity, because some people just can't take that, but by way of omission, a game can go only so far in doing one and the same thing, i.e., providing a sense of godhood to their players. You can't do turn-over of players forever, and WF proves that clearly.