Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

On 2019-11-22 at 5:38 PM, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

I'm not to beat around any bushes here. The Prime version of Ivara looks plain lazy. It looks like the default skin with slight, SLIGHT alterations in the helmet and waist. Other than that it looks exactly the same as the default. There is nothing "primed" about it. 

c97.jpg

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I started with an MK-1 Paris, and currently alternate between my Dread, Rakta Cernos and Daikyu. I've also put a lot of kills into Paris Prime before I had to sell it to clear up a weapon slot. After a recent buff, though, I'm considering farming it back.

I can never have enough bows.

Artemis Bow is probably the best Bow-type weapon in the game, anxious to know how much better the Prime version will be. If anything, Daikyu Prime would have been a lackluster.

2 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

Non-prime Ivara is peak warframe design.

Every attempt at an Ivara skin is a wasted effort, prime included.

Base Ivara is disgustingly ugly, though, makes sense that she had a channeled invisibility to keep the ugly hidden for as long as possible.

Non fully sold on the overall loock, mainly due to a very big detail DE Rebecca didn't show: color separation!

Standard Ivara has wast swates of her armor that get colored automatically outside of our control, her torso in particular, I'd hope DE removed the issue from the prime.

Armor set looks like an upside down akantus set, the chest piece in particular and doesn't tematically fit with the frame

Syandana is nice but unrelated again to the frame...

Weapons were just out of left field, baza is a fairly recent entry in the arsenal while attica would have deserved an updated version (avoiding zhuge prime idiocy)

Aksomati... why? to nerf their disposition like the akstiletto prime?

Love the primed prowl visuals, hope artemis bow prime got a better model as the original is fugly

Wasn't it stated in the stream that this was designed by the original designer?  I thought that was said, but I can't recall.  I think it looks fantastic for the most part, though I'll probably keep using the Youkai helmet.  Or since I'm apparently one of the dozen people really into the teasers for her upcoming deluxe, possibly that.

While I'm significantly disappointed in no Daikyu Prime, Baza is (allegedly, I wasn't that into it) a good weapon and it fits her theme.  I'm really not feeling the Aksomati Prime, though, neither in the choice of weapon or the looks of them.  They're gonna need some fancy gimmick to differentiate themselves, all the existing dual secondary Primes aren't particularly interesting, most of them are "shoots bullets" and two are "shoots multiple bullets."  Like, a particularly good set of dual secondaries would be technically fine, but we already have like half a dozen weapons that fit that qualifier.

I think it looks fantastic for the most part, though I'll probably keep using the Youkai helmet.  Or since I'm apparently one of the dozen people really into the teasers for her upcoming deluxe, possibly that.

While I'm significantly disappointed in no Daikyu Prime, Baza is (allegedly, I wasn't that into it) a good weapon and it fits her theme, I accept that.  I'm really not feeling the Aksomati Prime, though, neither in the choice of weapon or the looks of them.  They're gonna need some fancy gimmick to differentiate themselves, all the existing dual secondary Primes aren't particularly interesting, most of them are "shoots bullets" and two are "shoots multiple bullets."  Like, a particularly good set of dual secondaries would be technically fine, but we already have like half a dozen other weapons that fit that qualifier.

Ivara is still a very special frame to me despite seeing less use over the years, and I had been planning on this being the first PA I buy, but since I'm not actually interested in either weapon at all based on what we know about them, I don't see myself getting more than maybe the accessories if anything.

I'm unconvinced on the design of Ivara Prime. It's hard to be any less Ivara than the proposed deluxe skin was, but props to DE for finding a way to pull it off, it's sad. Neither of them fit Ivara in any ways but the most superficial. Why a jellyfish other than 'poisonous creature'? I want a pretty Ivara without Tennogen, thanks. You've given pretty, but you've not given pretty Ivara.

But visual design aside, how about instead of the completely un-representative AkSomati which we REALLY do not need when we have the whole slew of primed dual pistols - AkStilettos AkJagara AkVasto AkBolto AkLex - already kicking around, most of which already fit the 'crit baby' archetype the Soma family is generally built for..

How about we hit the points of "Poisonous" and match her hunter/assassin/gameplay options and give her a Karyst Prime? Toxic damage - poisonous. Dagger - fits the themes. It actually goes with Ivara's design.

She's so #*!%ing cute, to the point it's too much for a warframe.

Not so interested in weapons since i'm not a fan of full-auto guns, but i know those guns would be powerful, and innately silent full auto secondary is a great addition for my arsenal.

• Like 1

I'm a little saddened that the AkSomati Prime don't look as much like the Soma Prime, as the AkSomati Regular look like the Soma Regular. But then again they AkSomati Prime don't even look much like the AkSomati Regular either (the Regulars feed from the top, the Prime from the bottom, and the hand guards on the Prime reversed their curvature compared to the Regular)

If any of that made any sense

• Like 1

Ivara is one of my favorite since it got released. She is beautiful and I planned for a long time to buy the accessories if she looks great. Wanted to give some money to the devs anyways for the great game, even if I am disappointed in a few other things in these latest patches. Hoped for Baza Prime too as it makes more sense with an innate silence, than another prime bow when she has it's own as an ability already.

Oh and jellyfish theme fits with my other favorite, Trinity. 🙂

Edited by DagoDrakh

To be honest, I am disappointed with the design. But, I remember that at the end of the day I will put the Youkai design (which looks more prime than the real prime) or the upcoming Zamariu design.

The only good thing is the new cloaking visual effect.

Bored Over It GIF by Originals

Edited by Plagha

First, a little bit about myself:

I'm an archer IRL.

I came to WF because here bows are viable against firearms-wielding space soldiers (I thought that even back in U9, before any bow buffs).

I instantly fell in love with Ivara when they first showed her and I was an Ivara main since then.

19 of my 20 loadouts are Ivara+various bows (with different damage types).

I'm a founder and I bought every prime access pack starting from Saryn Prime. Not because I liked any of that prime stuff, not because of platinum (I hardly ever use any). I did it because I wanted to support my favorite Game Developer.

And I'm NOT buying Ivara Prime Access. Because I feel betrayed, for the second time in a row (looking at you, "Ivara" deluxe).

Why? Basically, I agree with Leon-Darkheart: literally everything in this prime access does not fit Ivara, from frame looks to weapons.

I just don't understand, WHY? Why making this prime access so... inconsistent? Let's take a look at other primes:

Original Wukong theme - monkey king. Wukong Prime - primed monkey king (emperor?). Not a gorilla prime.

Original Saryn theme - poisonous flower. Saryn Prime - primed poisonous flower. Not a primed mushroom.

Original Zephyr theme - bird/wind. Zephyr prime - primed wind manipulating bird. Not a primed pterodactyl.

And so on.

Every primed frame retained most of the original theme. Every prime access had a weapon (at least one) that is somewhat relevant to the frame primed (Tekko for Atlas, Kronen for Zephyr, Gram for Chroma, Destreza for Limbo, Redeemer for Mesa, etc.). Why not in this case? I chose Ivara because I like silent and precise weapons - bows (in worst case - crossbows and daggers), not a goddamned bullet sprayers.

P.S. Please, stop saying "Jellyfish are poisonous too, so it's fine". It's not fine, because it's impossible to use jellyfish to coat arrowheads with poison that is the whole reason behind the original dart-frog theme. Jellyfish has NOTHING to do with archery, that is Ivara's theme.

While I don't mind the weapons, I am strongly against Ivara's new aesthetic. I feel it is a wild departure from the original theme that is so beautiful and also exciting to color. And the helmet! Ugh! She doesn't possess any abilities that would warrant an aquatic visual. It's just a big stupid jellyfish! (it saddens me to say this in the context of discussing my favourite warframe)

3 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

You've given pretty, but you've not given pretty Ivara.

1 hour ago, Ebonwood said:

And I'm NOT buying Ivara Prime Access. Because I feel betrayed, for the second time in a row (looking at you, "Ivara" deluxe).

Why? Basically, I agree with Leon-Darkheart: literally everything in this prime access does not fit Ivara, from frame looks to weapons.

i think finally some people understand me. I already said, i respect the work they put into it and it sure looks nice - but its not ivara for freaking hell. I mean, did you ever saw a hunter, lurking in the bushes with a princess dress!? This is pretty much how this ivara prime looks like, giving a huntress which lurks in the bushes silently to kill the next enemy an princess dress so everyone can see "HERE I AM". Its not fitting nor suiting her. Again, keeping the wiki stuff in mind and her origins, she doesnt look like an archer in this dress in the slightest nor a "tree warrior". She looks like a princess, not a hunter - and thats the problem. Ebonwood pretty much said it already:

1 hour ago, Ebonwood said:

I just don't understand, WHY? Why making this prime access so... inconsistent? Let's take a look at other primes:

Original Wukong theme - monkey king. Wukong Prime - primed monkey king (emperor?). Not a gorilla prime.

Original Saryn theme - poisonous flower. Saryn Prime - primed poisonous flower. Not a primed mushroom.

Original Zephyr theme - bird/wind. Zephyr prime - primed wind manipulating bird. Not a primed pterodactyl.

And so on.

Every primed frame retained most of the original theme. Every prime access had a weapon (at least one) that is somewhat relevant to the frame primed (Tekko for Atlas, Kronen for Zephyr, Gram for Chroma, Destreza for Limbo, Redeemer for Mesa, etc.). Why not in this case? I chose Ivara because I like silent and precise weapons - bows (in worst case - crossbows and daggers), not a goddamned bullet sprayers.

So if ivara means basicly tree warrior and we ignor at least for a moment the frog design, what do i think would "suit" her. Again, shes an archer, no doubt by now, something like a lone wolf, silent hunter in the shadows thing, basicly a female robin hood. so why didnt she got something like an outlaw archer dressup? as sample:

http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/26/6857022-archer-wallpaper.jpg

https://wallpaperplay.com/walls/full/1/d/2/61939.jpg

https://a.wattpad.com/cover/27321947-352-k137611.jpg

I mean, i dont want now an "edgy" (coz of the hood and co) ivara coz of this said samples but those stuff would at least SUIT her way better than a jellyfish suit ffs...

Edited by Leon-Darkheart
  • Like 1