Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

A jellyfish bride is what came to mind when I first saw it. Not sure what happened to the Huntress/Ranger theme. With recent primes like Mesa, Chroma,Limbo and Wukong they actually improved on their themes. This is moving into deluxe skin territory. In any case I won't be losing sleep over this. 

Le 24/11/2019 à 05:02, (PS4)Cargan2016 a dit :

I am enormously disappointed in the design choice in Ivara prime.  I had hoped for a redesign for a long tie with her prime but was hoping more for of a hooded woodsman or Robinhood likeness.

Well, at least, if you main her, you can still take the gorgeous Yo Kai skin.

I can't say that I disagree...

I actually like the Jellyfish look, but I've got to admit...it doesn't really suit her and isn't at all what I would have expected for her Prime variant. It seems more like a Delux skin...and it may be prudent for them to use it as such, then go back to the drawing board with a Prime variant.

Granted, if they do that...people are undoubtedly going to be waiting longer for the Prime variant.

I love Ivara, really like her theme.

But I rarely use her because one of her best abilities ( prowl ) goes completely against the normal flow of the game due to her being capped on mobility.

Please ... ppprrreeeeassee .. since her Prime variant is around the corner, could you please consider doing something about her mobility to be on pair with the rapid pace inherit to Warframe?

Thanks in advance!! :)))))

I absolutely love the amount of detail and dedication the team put forth on this design.

I am still left questioning what Jellyfish have to do with Ivara and think it would have been more suited as a deluxe skin for Saryn.

Does she regain health from playing in Hydroid puddles or something?

Or was this a case of the crew working on a new Saryn skin only to realize at the last moment "Oh Snap it was supposed to be Ivara?!?!?"

Edited by Aesthier

1 hour ago, SteRage said:

While I think she looks amazing, it does not fit her theme, i'll continue to use her TennoGen skin.

I wonder what her prime parts will look like mixed with the TennoGen skin though.

I think a variation of that would've been amazing for Hydroid Prime.

Ooh, they could still do that for his deluxe. XD

Edit: Hydroids are in fact related to jellyfish anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

33 минуты назад, Aesthier сказал:

I am still left questioning what Jellyfish have to do with Ivara and think it would have been more suited as a deluxe skin for Saryn.

Her original concept is based on some wooden poisonous frog. Resembles camouflage, stealthy lie in wait hunt.

Prime concept is pushing aquatic toxic animal theme beyond the boundaries and now it is a freakin jellyfish which is not only ruins all the damn concept of previous design, but has nothing to do with Ivara playstyle.

It takes me a colossal amount of willpower to not resort to devbashing for this obviously dumb, stupid, stupid prime design. You see, jellyfish is using entirely different tactic of defense, being bright and shiny telling predators "don't touch me I sting with venom". Which does not represent given warframe in any way. But hey, fushion framers are happy and turn their wallets over.

And while I don't care about Ivara that much, I still can't forgive what they've done to Banshee prime.

Ivara is definitely one of my main frames, so I'm really excited to get (=grind) the prime version. I never buy PA so nothing to say about the cosmetics.

I'm all for the Baza Prime, mostly because I detest using bows in this game (since charge weapons murder my pointer finger on the controller). I don't know if I'll use the Aksomati, might be okay situationally.

The pale colours the dev stream has on the frame makes it hard to imagine what my combo will look on her, but I'm prepared to alter the scheme if they won't fit.

I love it.  Love love love 💘 love it.  This Will be the first prime I buy just because of the look.  I just want it.  Personally I unlocked old ivara before the announcement and I'm having serious fun soloing with her.  Group utility wise.  Meh.  

But I want this.

8 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I love Ivara, really like her theme.

But I rarely use her because one of her best abilities ( prowl ) goes completely against the normal flow of the game due to her being capped on mobility.

Please ... ppprrreeeeassee .. since her Prime variant is around the corner, could you please consider doing something about her mobility to be on pair with the rapid pace inherit to Warframe?

Thanks in advance!! :)))))

You know the using augment to prowl reduces the movement impair.  Prowl would be too op if it allowed max movement.

But really she shines the most for spy missions solo.  And in that case you shouldn't be rushing anyways.

Almost her entire tool kit is utility.  She's not really a general use kinda frame.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

On 2019-11-24 at 11:47 AM, DatDarkOne said:

That's a dang good question.  They didn't show what Artemis Bow Prime looks like or have I missed that?  I do remember seeing what Artemis Bow looks like for the proposed Deluxe skin.

No, in the devstream they were actually making a point of NOT showing the Artemis Prime bow.  So either they're doing something *really* weird and want it to be a surprise... or the model just isn't finished and they didn't want people taking screenshots with the placeholder art.

• Like 1