Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just realized you can accidentally spoil Second Dream for new players.

(NSW)ToppestShrek

I rarely pop the little one if I'm with total new players, it brings up to many questions WOAH Dude WHAT WAS THAT!

Operators are losing the surprise factor to players which is a pity, when I first started playing I never saw an Operator until I did the Second Dream quest which I did fairly early on, it was a thrilling awesome experience of wow what is this, it's so cool, with tingles on the back of my neck watching the Quest.

32 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Operators are losing the surprise factor to players which is a pity, when I first started playing I never saw an Operator until I did the Second Dream quest which I did fairly early on, it was a thrilling awesome experience of wow what is this, it's so cool, with tingles on the back of my neck watching the Quest.

The devs have flat-out given up on maintaining that surprise. They make a token effort to keep it behind spoiler tags, but in some devstreams they just bite the bullet and talk about it. Second Dream was five long years ago; the devs know that all the people who are ever going to get that big beautiful reveal, already saw it five years ago. Later generations don't always experience the story the same way as the first generation, and the devs aren't wasting energy trying to fight that fact

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The devs have flat-out given up on maintaining that surprise. They make a token effort to keep it behind spoiler tags, but in some devstreams they just bite the bullet and talk about it. Second Dream was five long years ago; the devs know that all the people who are ever going to get that big beautiful reveal, already saw it five years ago. Later generations don't always experience the story the same way as the first generation, and the devs aren't wasting energy trying to fight that fact

Yeah it's a pity because that was one awesome surprise moment when it happened to me in the quest.

On 2021-03-17 at 1:22 PM, (NSW)ToppestShrek said:

The whole twist gets spoiled if a new player catches you go into operator mode.

This was true, a few years ago. But now DE have operator cosmetics in nightwave, so we no longer have to worry about spoiling it, because DE spoiled it for everyone :)

Tbh newer players never know what's happening on the screen.

I never knew what warframes my squadmates was using, i didn't know what abilities they cast. I vaguely remembered that some random did went to kid mode before i played second dream, iirc i probably dismissed it as his warframe's ability or something. 

Warframe is one of those games with too many fantasy objects, out of this world skills and movements, which make it pretty confusing to watch for rookies. So unless you're doing extra long missions on one spot -like defense, I don't think most rookies would even catch it.

But yeah, it's his sled.

Generally when I play games with randoms and see some special power that is unique and different I want to know more about it/aquire it for myself. It does tie in to the story, but as long as the story isn't explained it's closer to a hint of a spoiler imo, unless a new player knows the lore and about the Zariman ship. 

The second dream was a huge deal for someone like me because I had put hundreds of hours in to game without the operator existing/knowing how it all worked. For a new player, operators are already part of the story, and I would have my curiosity peaked if I was new and saw another player do something unique, enticing me to unlock that power (even if in reality it isn't that special.)

I'd say it works more for the power fantasy appeal of aquiring multiple powers you can use in different ways for new players, though I do generally try avoid using OP mode for low MR players I don't actively hinder myself because of them.

if you are quick enough the new players with their yet to be developed peripheral vision, stars in their eyes and slow reflexes will be confused for a second but they wont realize what they saw. they will think it was just more visual pollution.

P.S. i wonder how many actually watched citizen kane.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (NSW)ToppestShrek:

The whole twist gets spoiled if a new player catches you go into operator mode.

more or less there are even into cutsences new players have to watch that basicly are spoilers seeing an operator does not make you understand what happend in the quest or the whole story behind it only that there is a mechanik in the game that let you summon a humanoid thing

Two things:  One, the story is completely screwed for new players because half of it is locked behind content that isn't available in the game, and what is here is missing parts and out of order.  You get spoiled on sentients as soon as you step out onto the plains, and you get spoiled on a bunch of stuff as soon as you hit up Jupiter and see the Amalgams.  

Secondly, they literally advertise operator cosmetics in the in-game market and through Nightwave.  They can't be considered spoilers anymore if the game itself is spoiling them as soon as you load into your orbiter.

Pretty much. I've been shepherding a new player for the last few weeks, and trying to not make him play on public is quite a challenge. Though, I do like to not use my operator in missions while accompanying him. It adds a fun layer of tension. Wish DE would just blur them out for pre SD players. Oh well.

5 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Tbh newer players never know what's happening on the screen.

This. Although I did have a friend who was accustomed to fast paced FPS catch me do it once, but was more like "How did you just teleport across the map?"

IMO, the biggest spoilers are the Operator Cosmetic Nightwave rewards.  Given that Nightwave is a reliable source of potatoes and aura mods for new players, I pored over the rewards when I first started.  Not surprisingly, I was quite confused with how that ear cosmetic would fit on my Excalibur when it clicked that there must be another "me" further in the game.

Archived