Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best secondary to take advantage of Yareli's passive?

Yareli's passive is apparently a +100% critical chance buff to secondaries that procs when she remains moving for 1.5 seconds and lasts until she stops moving.  This is supposed to fit into her "queen of mobility" theme and synergize with Merulina, her exalted K Drive.

What secondary weapons do you suppose will work best for this?  I immediately thought of the Kuva Nukor.  Even with its incoming nerf, it should still be strong.  But beam weapons have glitchy and inconsistent aiming while on a K Drive.  No, Yareli doesn't have to be on a K Drive to trigger her passive.  At least, it doesn't seem that way with what we know now.  But it's something to consider.

Have you found any secondary weapons that work well with a K Drive?  And any that would also really shine with a boost to critical chance?  The NW challenge for it that pops up occasionally hasn't led me any inspirational results.

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Have you found any secondary weapons that work well with a K Drive? 

anyone who's played GTA will know: fully automatic is always the best choice for shooting whilst moving. there's a reason why small Automatic guns like Uzis, Tec-9s and MAC-10s are the preferable weapon for drive-by's: you don't want to have to worry about accuracy whilst moving, you can just spray and pray. 

so essentially, any crit-based automatic Single Pistol would would work. Beam weapons too. secondary shotguns would also be great as again, very little need for accuracy whilst moving: one of the great perks of a Shotgun.  most of mine are akimbo pistols, but if I still had my single Stubba, I think that would be kinda fun. 

probably my top nomination would be Pyrana Prime, especially if the "ghost dual wield" perk still works on K-Drive (not tested it). even if not, Pyrana Prime is still very stronk. 

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

so essentially, any crit-based automatic Single Pistol would would work. Beam weapons too. secondary shotguns would also be great as again, very little need for accuracy whilst moving: one of the great perks of a Shotgun.  most of mine are akimbo pistols, but if I still had my single Stubba, I think that would be kinda fun. 

Try out beam weapons on a K Drive and get back to me (if you have a chance, no pressure obviously).  The targeting is really weird.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Try out beam weapons on a K Drive and get back to me (if you have a chance, no pressure obviously).  The targeting is really weird.

I suppose the limited range would be kind of an issue, especially if you can't risk riding lose to the enemy.. Kuva Nukor would get away with it somewhat but the chaining got nerfed; guess that just leaves hitscan and projectile weapons. but there are still plenty viable options: anything crit-based with multishot and/or a high RoF.

or you could be totally unconventional and take a launcher like Prisma Angstrum or Kulstar. that's what I love about warframe, so many choices!

58 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Yareli's passive is apparently a +100% critical chance buff to secondaries that procs when she remains moving for 1.5 seconds and lasts until she stops moving.  This is supposed to fit into her "queen of mobility" theme and synergize with Merulina, her exalted K Drive.

More than synergy, it's compensation. Remember: You can't melee or use your primary while Merulina is active.

Kuva Nukor will benefit. Same with any high crit multiplier secondary that has a low crit chance, assuming that +100% means a flat +100% rather than double base crit.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:
1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I suppose the limited range would be kind of an issue, especially if you can't risk riding lose to the enemy..

No, they meant the targeting is really weird. Straight-up bugged. Been going to Orb Valis when completing the "kills on K-drive" Nighwave. More often that not, I can use the damn laser as a compass to where I equipped the Nukor. Not that the laser is the thing damaging enemies anymore, that just happens somewhere vaguely in front of you. That's the level of weird we're talking here.

6 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

No, they meant the targeting is really weird. Straight-up bugged. Been going to Orb Valis when completing the "kills on K-drive" Nighwave. More often that not, I can use the damn laser as a compass to where I equipped the Nukor. Not that the laser is the thing damaging enemies anymore, that just happens somewhere vaguely in front of you. That's the level of weird we're talking here.

Yes!  That's what I'm talking about.  It's weird.  

The Kuva Nukor functions weirdly on Wukong's clone and on rescue targets too, though.  It has a weird side beam effect.

But the gammacor is hard to use on K Drives as well.

While a high-crit automatic will work, I think you might be missing something: Warframe isn't limited by just bullets. Also remember that you won't always be charging full-speed across levels. You'll be moving through tiles that have line-of-sight blockers and corners, so 'moving' is not always fast.

So think that, while it doesn't seem like much of a Crit weapon, when you have a Primed Pistol Gambit and Yareli's passive, an 18% Crit Chance becomes ~70% (which is fine for this), meaning something like the Prisma Angstrum will be superb. Heck, with the way Warframes can jump (and the way a K-drive can jump) anywhere with sufficient height becomes a carpet-bomb zone with that.

Kulstar too, when you think about it.

Other good weapons are AoE like the Sonicor for a bit of CC and lower-level clearing, or the Staticor for something that can actually scale up a little better and has the great AoE on charged hit.

We also have some shotgun secondaries that, while they have damage fall-off, you can TF2 Scout it, getting in close quickly and blasting full-on. So the Kuva Brakk would be fantastic with the high base damage and the 29% base Crit Chance, You'll get ~112% Crit Chance with Yareli and the Primed crit mod.

There's a new Detron variant coming out too, which should work well enough.

But let's not forget the fact that Yareli is coming with her own signature gun too. One with, it appears, seeking bubble bullets. Which should eliminate the need to aim more than vaguely, compensate for her speed, and it's a signature so DE have a bit of an obligation to give it something better when you use it with Yareli.

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

anyone who's played GTA will know: fully automatic is always the best choice for shooting whilst moving. there's a reason why small Automatic guns like Uzis, Tec-9s and MAC-10s are the preferable weapon for drive-by's: you don't want to have to worry about accuracy whilst moving, you can just spray and pray. 

so essentially, any crit-based automatic Single Pistol would would work. <...>

So, Twin Grakatas.

Aiming is a bit of a problem on k drives and we need to keep moving too, so I am gonna lean towards something that's rapid fire and has some AOE potential.

Of course also need stats to match for taking advantage of crit chance.

Pyrana prime would probably be good , twin kohmak on a Kdrive should be fun too, just imagine two auto shotguns on a skateboard.

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Correct answer is green Yareli armed with orange Talons for Green Goblin Pumpkin Bomb build.  "TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!"

goblin GIF

Just as I came across your post I was in the middle of the song Sugar by System of a Down. It is scary how perfectly that gif follows the pace of that song. Not to mention the insane look of Willy.

As for the question of the OP. Wouldnt Gauss' signature work well being homing and all? Less hassle aiming when going zoom zoom zoom across the map on your fish stick buddy.

22 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

assuming that +100% means a flat +100% rather than double base crit.

While that is definitely possible (I have made posts about it in the past) I think it's more likely they will just copy the code for Zephyr's new crit passive

Archived