Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is better experienced solo

Doraz_

Remember when at release Railjack was sold as a "team experience" and solo players should just accept it ...

Now, Railjack is faster and more stable if you experience it solo, and are not robbed of your crew-mates you just spent 1 million credits and hald of your rare resources to buy xD

I just though this "maybe" un-intentional 180 was pretty funny 

13 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

Remember when at release Railjack was sold as a "team experience" and solo players should just accept it ...

Now, Railjack is faster and more stable if you experience it solo, and are not robbed of your crew-mates you just spent 1 million credits and hald of your rare resources to buy xD

Do you use internet explorer by any chance?

4 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Do you use internet explorer by any chance?

I have written this for that exact reason! xD

For the Unum's grace, I can't fathom how team-railjack is faster and easier than solo.

I always log off out of fruatration, wheter it's 1) my GPU/CPU using 2 gigs to process what to me "the player" is nothing, 2) i either can't log in to the mission or i get disconnected 3) waiting for team members and higher difficulty cuz Warframe spawns more enemies and modifies foor sure things we are not told about.

Fully agree, but for different reasons.

Played solo, you are the captain of your little Corvette, and you don't have 3 other jackasses breaking your immersion or spamming the hell out of everything to insta-complete your missions. You can actually enjoy flying around with a crew and have adventures.

My only gripe is how limited the crew are, how you can't elect to bring a few with your out into missions (why can't On-Call teleport your Crew to the areas?!)

Course that really applies to most missions in general. Warframe in general is a whole lot more fun played solo. Especially when you play a non-nuke Frame, where your powers actually come into play rather than spending an entire mission watching your ass hole Mesa Nova Xaku and Saryn teammates insta-delete every enemy in sight before you can even fire a shot.

9 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

I have written this for that exact reason! xD

For the Unum's grace, I can't fathom how team-railjack is faster and easier than solo.

I always log off out of fruatration, wheter it's 1) my GPU/CPU using 2 gigs to process what to me "the player" is nothing, 2) i either can't log in to the mission or i get disconnected 3) waiting for team members and higher difficulty cuz Warframe spawns more enemies and modifies foor sure things we are not told about.

Im confused idk if u get that internet explorer joke but whatver

But to be serious outside of eidolons THINK
Which mission is done faster with random squad than doing it solo eh?

Even interception solo is faster if you are prepared if u think about it
When your squad mates fail to protect 1 bloody tower

So you discovered nothing new
Sorry to bring bad news :(

I’ve always just played solo from the start. I like to think I’m pretty efficient at this point. The ai crew makes little to no difference. They kill some fighters while I’m taking out crew ships, which is nice I guess. I like the mode, it’s chill fun.

I recently started helping out somebody that made a fresh account and we farmed Sevagoth for him for a few hours. I’d say 2 people that know what they’re doing is quite a bit more efficient than going alone. You can knock out the derelict and side objectives at the same time and then move onto the main mission pretty quickly. 

The grineer missions are faster too, since the ai crew manages to only shoot the reactors about 50% of the time anyways. I haven’t really run into any bugs on the most recent update. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Xaku

I see this styles is used by most people... sadly.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Played solo, you are the captain of your little Corvette, and you don't have 3 other jackasses breaking your immersion or spamming the hell out of everything to insta-complete your missions. You can actually enjoy flying around with a crew and have adventures.

Doing solo few starter mission and it's very repetitive and boring. Earth:

1. Destroy small ships
  2. Go to 4 ships and hack them
  3. Go to main ship and hack something
  4. Teleport back and destroy something
  5. Repeat points 3 & 4 few time

Venus:

1. Destroy 4 stuffs
  2. Go kill enemies in the ship
  3. Go to extraction (why I cannot teleport? Because of reasons!)

Railjack was always easy to solo, and prone to less problems. Especially given a lot of the bugs that prevented mission completions only existed in multi-player. You would also avoid the people totally not leeching and definitely contributing as gunners that weren't shooting.

DE advertising Railjack as difficult to solo just meant it was difficult for who ever tested Railjack, and for all we know, it could've been a cat that tried Railjack.

You get robbed of a ton of experience during flight but otherwise it's actually a super smooth experience and fun to cruise around. Very rarely do I have to worry about the state of the ship when I leave to do an objective. Even at lower levels, Gunners are still fairly competent. On the flip side of the affinity issue, you can farm parts and materials like crazy when your gunners are mowing everything down. A well rounded, player railjack team is nice but on occasion you're always going to run into problematic players hindering the experience. Now that we can't choose who hosts the railjack in matchmaking, I prefer running solo anyways. No judgment on my use of guns lol.

Well to those that disagree, I will gladly let others play with me when they don’t just go to do jack all, get mad cause I’m flying my ship, DE lets the squad host have their railjack be the one used, teammates perform better than the dumb AI I have, I don’t spend 5 minutes loading into a mission only for the whole squad to leave due to a host migration (or freeze my game and force me into a solo mission), and not complain about random crap while I’m trying to keep us alive. Then, and only then, will I consider playing multiplayer. Truth is, there are very few areas where multiplayer works and railjack is 100000% not it. Corpus missions force everyone to regroup into the ship before starting the stupid on foot part of the mission, when in solo you simply enter and get started. And I’m solo, all I have to worry about is myself. No need to worry about host migrations, crap loading times, idiotic teammates, and more. Just me and my three crew members against the enemy. The fact DE said railjack would be hard solo is funny to me, since they’ve made what was meant to be a game mode that encouraged teamwork to one that is infinitely easier to simply solo. 

4 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

And I’m solo, all I have to worry about is myself. No need to worry about host migrations, crap loading times, idiotic teammates, and more. Just me and my three crew members against the enemy. The fact DE said railjack would be hard solo is funny to me, since they’ve made what was meant to be a game mode that encouraged teamwork to one that is infinitely easier to simply solo. 

Not having individual extractions like everywhere else is another reason to run solo. It's a bit annoying to get a team that wants to extract after 5 minutes of Corpus Survival when you go with the intent to try for an Ambassador part.

40 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

Not having individual extractions like everywhere else is another reason to run solo. It's a bit annoying to get a team that wants to extract after 5 minutes of Corpus Survival when you go with the intent to try for an Ambassador part.

That mission needs to be plugged as easy intrinsics/mech affinity farm. It would never be another Hydron, simply because less people arre farming those, but it shouldn't be too difficult to get a team at most times if more people just saw how efficient it can be.

1 hour ago, Doraz_ said:

I completely agree.

• The crew is better than most randos.
  • You don't have to worry about losing loot in host migrations or other glitches as much while playing solo.
  • You don't have to worry about an idiot taking the helm and camping.
  • No leeches.
  • Better ping.
  • No waiting at Corpus objectives for the idiots on your team to get teleported to you after 30 seconds.
  • You can actually use your own ship and not the paper boat that you are likely to get stuck with when playing client.
  • You can dry dock whenever you want.

Even with a pre-made group (recruit chat, clan, or friends), you still might deal with the general instability of Warframe, which is unfortunately amplified in Railjack.  And losing loot in RJ stings more than in most other game modes, as the missions are longer.

Playing solo does require being careful about choosing mission types though.  Exterminate (Corpus) is the smoothest and fastest, most of the time.

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I completely agree.

• The crew is better than most randos.
  • You don't have to worry about losing loot in host migrations or other glitches as much while playing solo.
  • You don't have to worry about an idiot taking the helm and camping.
  • No leeches.
  • Better ping.
  • No waiting at Corpus objectives for the idiots on your team to get teleported to you after 30 seconds.
  • You can actually use your own ship and not the paper boat that you are likely to get stuck with when playing client.
  • You can dry dock whenever you want.

Even with a pre-made group (recruit chat, clan, or friends), you still might deal with the general instability of Warframe, which is unfortunately amplified in Railjack.  And losing loot in RJ stings more than in most other game modes, as the missions are longer.

Playing solo does require being careful about choosing mission types though.  Exterminate (Corpus) is the smoothest and fastest, most of the time.

glad to see many agreeing or seconding (is that a word?) this issue, as i think it's a big problem going forward for DE

I want to write here for hours, but i have work to do and a life to figure out ;_; so i'll be concise:

1) a 4th crew-mate should be added!

This would be called "Second in comand". It will substitute the "On Call". while solo it roams around like a Defender, BUT it's the crew-mate that will spawn with you when joining other teams, ALWAYS!

This way, despite the crew-system design being adverse to full squad play, it still plays a part, allowing you to take one single crew of your choosing with you, for instance if you want to always count on a specific buff like healing or speed.

2) Re-unite Railjack and main mission.

Corpus Missions NEED to be able to happen at the same time, juat like grineer ones, so that if The tileset makes me puke that day, i can complete the missions anyway.

In addition, this opens the way to us being able to let our NPC crew to board the station/tile and do the mission for us :D

It wouls be amazing, like playing an rts, whwre we can just spam support abilities from the safety of our Railjack, while watching the npc do the mission.

Before the AI department sends thunderbolts to me from Canada, consider, you just need

a) pathfinding targets, these can be baked as in placed manually by you for each map, no actual pathfinding algorithms required, or a simplified version of it, as the entity knows already where to go

b) events, like haking a console ... for doors and consoles, actually just like the much loved/hated trailer, the npc will message us and ask if we click on the dynamic map to hack the door or console at a distance ... already know Youtubers will make fun of war-hardened warriors that are unable to open doors xD

I feel dizzy ... i need to lay down x___x

I disagree. I don't think Railjack is better experienced solo at all. It's more like it's safer to play Railjack solo because you know your crew is reliable and in public match making you could end up with leeches or people who don't know what they are doing. In that particular case, yea, sure. However I find Railjack a LOT more fun coop when you're either playing with friends or you're lucky enough to get a good squad in public match making. It's also a LOT more efficient and faster. In grineer Veil for example, one player does station 1, another does station 2, the pilot and the last player handle the fighters and crew ships together (which even makes blowing the crew ships more smooth). 

Also to be honest, I've usually had good enough experiences with public match making in Railjack. It only got a little worse with the leeches in Void Storms now that DE released tenet melees and holokeys. It's become more common to see L1 players leeching and just standing there doing almost nothing, whereas I didn't use to see that before the update. 

I think the whole WF experience is much more enjoyable Solo and Railjack is no exception.

If WF forced the co-op portion, I would have never stayed past the first day.

The last thing I need to do in my life is to wait for/deal with/talk to random people on the Internet while I am trying to unwind.

Solo = Drama Free Gaming

While I can respect that people have bad experiences with random groups, I personally really enjoy playing Railjack with my partner. Had I gone solo, we'd not have had that experience when we were first starting out where my partner was looking off towards the shipkiller in the distance while I was picking off the last few fighters from the pilot's seat, and she said "Oh, that's pretty. .........move move MOVE MOVEMOVE" and I confusedly haul ass behind an asteroid as we get blasted by a giant laserbeam from, funnily enough, a thing called "Shipkiller"

I been playing Railjack since it dropped, I solo most of the time now, unless I'm helping someone out building up their Railjack, I just find it more peaceful flying around out in space at my own leisure.

Some crews are so childish, firing off all your misslise, not forging etc... 

I was doing the Grineer 90-100 Railjack missions yesterday and I let some ramsleds enter the ship to see how the crew would perform, my crew didn't even flinch killed them all and went back to walking around.

Destroying radiators 100% of the time now, i find if I assign the pilot as I get out of pilot seat myself to go do the mission they seem more responsive. If I leave then assigned and hop off the seat they are hit and miss if they follow orders, if that happens I just bring up the crew menu while off the ship and reassign the pilot and bam bye bye radiators.

I run three command 10 crew, highly recommend it.
I run 2 engineers.
I run 1 gunner and she also doubles as the pilot when I need her.

Railjack_crew.png

There's a big difference between a sqaud of randoms, and a coordinated squad.

Just like any mission, if you're pub/pug-ing it, your experience can vary wildly. 

However, if you're with people who know what to do, railjack (and all of warframe) can be very quick and very easy.

6 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I think the whole WF experience is much more enjoyable Solo and Railjack is no exception.

If WF forced the co-op portion, I would have never stayed past the first day.

The last thing I need to do in my life is to wait for/deal with/talk to random people on the Internet while I am trying to unwind.

Solo = Drama Free Gaming

Interesting point

I'll admit that generally its only the Negative interactions with other players that I tend to notice and remember.

While in the best public scenario they're either staying out of my way, or just being DPS boosters.

Maybe I'll try going solo-only for a day, see if the minor dps boost was really relevant.

Might be better overall.

Relic Sharing being an exception of course.

Railjack with the AI crew is hella fun!! My team is well oiled and I can rely on all of them to do exactly what they're supposed to do, without question. I can finally just take...my...time and play the game as I think it should be played: explorative and thoroughly. 

Don't get me wrong. My clan mates are experienced and awesome too, especially when the goal is to completely destroy everything there is. I very much enjoy a live person following the team roles nicely while also applying good ole common sense audibles when needed, like taking out or over cruise ships. What makes rail jack special IS the excitement of mastering the objectives with teamwork, precision, some goofiness and a whole lotta fun...without a "new kid" just wanting to be there for the gimme stuff.

Solo has its perks, but AI crew can't go do the objectives for me or shoot the artillery at crewships.

Its hard to get a good public match together, but I've enjoyed 4 player squads that can finish 2 objective missions in grineer railjack much faster than I ever could by myself.

The only issue I see pop up sometimes is ground enemy spawns clogging fighter and crewship spawns. Missions can drag out for way too long if the spawns don't work properly.

10 hours ago, Alpheus said:

And on the flipside, if I just want to clear the node and not spend twenty minutes dealing with bullS#&$ Corpus (an inexplicable 99% damage resistance on two of the moa enemy types) for a very low chance at getting a part for a weapon which is nothing more than 30 and ditch mastery trash, then I also do not want to get a team that wants to sit there for a full C rotation.

So yeah, solo railjack FTW. Grineer ain't so bad in multiplayer because you can actually do multiple objectives at once (yay teamwork), but Corpus? Hell no.

Archived