Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine the new war

DeViL711

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Seeing how Harrow is a canon ware frame (related to the main story) I’d say…….. possibly a few months after Harrow prime is released. Or when Harrow prime is released.

Harrow prime is probably already done along with the weapons and cosmetics. Tying it to a release date is pointless since a lot of prime access updates were just that with minor fixes.

2 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Harrow prime is probably already done along with the weapons and cosmetics. Tying it to a release date is pointless since a lot of prime access updates were just that with minor fixes.

No but really. I’m just guessing but put Harrow prime aside my alliance flipped a bunch of coins and the majority got the answer that the new war will release around December of extremely early 2022…

also I find it quite likely.

also…..

de don’t you dare release it on new year. 

49 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

80%? Their marketing still says 2021 so that does seem to be their goal. TennoCon was about 3 months ago, and what they showed then already looked pretty polished so idk what they're still working on. The rest of the quest, I guess, but they haven't exactly been forthcoming about how much more there is and what the status is or what we should expect from it.

They have said that what they have showed is small part of the quest(s).

vor 40 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

How confident you are that if it will be released ASAP than it should we will swim in bugs?

For sake of ourselves lets all pray it will be as late as possible

Honestly, since they are really late anyway it doesnt matter to me at all if it will be November 21, December 21, January 22 or later than that.

They missed the mark anyway, so at least in my opinion there is no reason to rush it out now (in case they are still not done).

I guess some might say they shouldnt delay again after all this, but in my opinion the worst thing that could happen is that the Quest will feel unpolished and unfinished.

I mean, basically they are 2 years late, who cares if a few months add to that? All that should matter now is that the Quest will be good when it gets released.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

They have said that what they have showed is small part of the quest(s).

But how small of a part? It could be the first third or it could be the first tenth. We don't know. It did look ready to go, though. So either they were far enough along in July to have started polishing things up and something else has been blocking them that could be resolved any day now, or they polished only the first bit to show at TennoCon and they're actually way behind and/or the scope of the quest is a lot larger than they let on. Neither of which would be much of a surprise :/

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

But how small of a part? It could be the first third or it could be the first tenth. We don't know. It did look ready to go, though. So either they were far enough along in July to have started polishing things up and something else has been blocking them that could be resolved any day now, or they polished only the first bit to show at TennoCon and they're actually way behind and/or the scope of the quest is a lot larger than they let on. Neither of which would be much of a surprise :/

I don't think they put some numbers.

But yeah, we don't know how many % they have done. And remembering RJ introduction (or something) I don't know anything.

100% Confident. They said at Tennocon 2020 moving forward they will "Ship what we show"

They said 2021 at Tennocon this year. So I expect that they will keep to that schedule. 

They've gone silent because anything they show will very likely be spoilers so expect them to stay silent until they launch it.

I predict late November early December.

What they could be working on: The warframe, they only showed one drawing of it at Tennocon so they could likely be working on that while polising the quest.

46 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I've seen some people suggest that the parts we've seen are effectively showings for Operator updates (each playstyle, plus any not shown, being movesets for the Operator). Which I would hope for, and it'd fit with the pattern of Operators generally getting some new power with each cinematic quest. Namely, existing in TSD, ability to walk around in TWW, full knowledge of transference in Sacrifice, although the latter was definitely the furthest departure.

If so, then we need to take balancing and testing into account.

39 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

They seem too quite to be close to anything close to done.

Honestly in the modern Warframe community, them being quiet makes sense. Most communications outside of Tennocon 2020's 'ship what we show' have backfired to some degree in recent years, and it seems clear that they didn't have it complete enough to pull one of those. They're still playing a little bit of catch up both in terms of content shown and to some degree, community good-will from 2018 and 2019, where they were pretty damn loose-lipped. So it may be that DE have switched to a model of 'only start advertising once we're clear we know when this is going to release'.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I've seen some people suggest that the parts we've seen are effectively showings for Operator updates (each playstyle, plus any not shown, being movesets for the Operator). Which I would hope for, and it'd fit with the pattern of Operators generally getting some new power with each cinematic quest. Namely, existing in TSD, ability to walk around in TWW, full knowledge of transference in Sacrifice, although the latter was definitely the furthest departure.

If so, then we need to take balancing and testing into account.

Honestly in the modern Warframe community, them being quiet makes sense. Most communications outside of Tennocon 2020's 'ship what we show' have backfired to some degree in recent years, and it seems clear that they didn't have it complete enough to pull one of those. They're still playing a little bit of catch up both in terms of content shown and to some degree, community good-will from 2018 and 2019, where they were pretty damn loose-lipped. So it may be that DE have switched to a model of 'only start advertising once we're clear we know when this is going to release'.

That's unfortunate. I miss the days when DE was allowed to talk about things they were doing, truly to do, hope they could do... And the community wouldn't overreact.

These days, it feels like the dev team only advertises finished content. We used to have hype sites for that. 

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

That's unfortunate. I miss the days when DE was allowed to talk about things they were doing, truly to do, hope they could do... And the community wouldn't overreact.

These days, it feels like the dev team only advertises finished content. We used to have hype sites for that. 

It's on them for lying and going overboard in hyping their updates.

Only bad things can come out of stressing about it.

You'll be disappointed if there's any delay, DE will rush it even more if other threads like this appear... just let it be.

Exactly like when we're farming that one low droprate item, don't ask yourself if it's gonna drop at the next round, just do your thing without thinking about it, and at some point, it'll fall onto your lap.

Tldr : it'll be ready when it's ready, don't stress about it.

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

80%? Their marketing still says 2021 so that does seem to be their goal. TennoCon was about 3 months ago, and what they showed then already looked pretty polished so idk what they're still working on. The rest of the quest, I guess, but they haven't exactly been forthcoming about how much more there is and what the status is or what we should expect from it.

Railjack look pretty polished at tennocoin  too.  And when they told us The New War was coming last time’. It was 3 weeks before it was supposed to release. 

We can all relive this thread on new years. I'll be honest the more I think about it the more I realize it doesnt matter. The way they make content is one of two things....super grindy or super short so either way a week later we'll be asking for more content. The way they are staffed and focused on content means 2023+ for another big push.

I have 70% confidence that they will deliver in 2021 an update called "New war begins" or something with some significant bugs that may not be cleaned until 2023,

i have 25% doubt that they will release some quest and then keep adding to it over the rest of 2022 which does not really change much of the game,

i have 5% fear that they will then forget about everything to be fixed and just move on to the next quest after they are back from holidays.

With Warframe beeing owned by Tencent there are probably intersection issues with PoE league start later today.  So probable announcement within 15 days, and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't happen within the next month. It really seems like it is already done / ready to be served.

Archived