Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/Discussion on the deluxe skins shown on devstream

GPrime96

imagine not understanding that looks are subjective... what a terrible thing that would be.

perfectly happy with my current Ash Skins (Koga Deluxe and Bai Hu) and Khora and Garuda look fine as is IMO. I much prefer the Atomica Skin for Nova than the Asuri Skin, but some people can feel differently, and that's fine (Atomica is so nice I haven't found a good colour scheme for it yet, the default is perfect). but hey, that's why I'm proud to be on Console where I can support Tennogen with Plat. looking forward to that Bedouin Skin for Baruuk once our update hits.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Pretty sure the Deluxe theme they were going for is Glorification of Eating Disorders.

Look at Ash, He want from Buff Assassin Super hero - To Bulemic Teenager. 

Honestly, Ash's new Deluxe looks like if Baruuk wanted to dress as a edgy NPC.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Khora is another Liger skin, and I believe they did the Nidus one.

Personality I haven't been a fan of a lot of deluxe skins recently. 

I don't get how you can go from god tier design Nidus skin to this Khora skin, it's such a vast dip in quality. Like it wasn't actually done by the same person.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 5

I am absolutely not a fan of that Garuda one. Rail thin, completely messy with all the drawn on stuff, but no actual cool details to the skin. How is that up to scratch with what deluxes are meant to be? It's literally just taking Garuda and making her as bland as possible. Also that helmet is just laughable.

• Like 6

I'm a fan of neither the new Ash or the Khora skin. I get fantasy lich vibes from the Ash skin, and it is hardly any competition for the Koga bundle. The Khora skin is a complete and utter miss for me.

But, I guess if it tickles someone's fancy.....

Edited by Yrkul
  • Like 3

While many are pointing out to the "belly" of the Khora deluxe, the main issue for me is the long neck and short legs, the same issue that is present on the Banshee Soprana deluxe skin that in both cases, isn't portrayed that way in the concept art for those skins. Hopefully the model is adjusted before release. For the Garuda deluxe the skin model is on point with the concept art but the "braids" physics just are too dangly. Ash deluxe looks great, but Ash already has a great deluxe skin so this one comes are redundant (meanwhile other warframes have trashy "deluxes" and no sign of a new for them) 

• Like 3

Support realistic beauty standards for our infested remote-controlled, possessed flesh puppet murder - drones! (a.k.a. "Warframes")

Nah, skins are fine, mostly. 
Depends on personal taste, obviously, but at least they look as if someone actually put effort into designing them, even if the look isn`t for everyone.

5 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

I don't get how you can go from god tier design Nidus skin to this Khora skin, it's such a vast dip in quality. Like it wasn't actually done by the same person.

The khora skin is the same person who brought us nezha, though.

5 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

RrAlnr9.png

Have you guys ever seen a pregnant woman

Shes either wearing a diaper or has a baby bump. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Diavoros said:

While many are pointing out to the "belly" of the Khora deluxe, the main issue for me is the long neck and short legs,

The legs are not short. They seem short because of the flowers on the thighs are somewhat connected to her belly part and not seen as some high boots, which makes her look even thicker than it already is. That pose idle and animation and camera angle are not doing her justice neither. I actually like the skin, but I also agree with some people here that it could be better with some tweaks. Will definitely buy though.

• Like 1

I really like the Khora deluxe. Not the biggest fan of the helmet, though. Looks like a mixture between an old lady and a geisha. I like the geisha part, but adding the old lady part throws it off for me. Really I dislike all of Khora's helmets for that exact reason - they all look like they have old lady haircuts. The rest of her deluxe though is pretty cool and unique. Definitely getting it.

But Garuda's isn't my thing. Little too robotic-looking for me. I love the mix between the organic and synthetic styles warframes tend to have, so deluxes like Garuda's and Mag's don't interest me as much. Perfectly fine - we all got our own tastes. If you don't like a deluxe, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Edit: Might as well mention Ash a little: Also not really my thing. Looks cool, but eh. I'd have to see it in different colors.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I don't have a main frame, really, but if I had to claim one, it would be Khora.  I'm still waiting on literally any of her cosmetics outside the base (not including that awful cyclops alt-helmet) to be worth buying.  There are a lot of really good cosmetics in this game and none of them are hers.  

Khora's upcoming deluxe doesn't fit her theme at all, doesn't mesh with the rest of the game's aesthetic, nothing.  I really don't get it.

• Like 6

I'm personally fine with the garuda skin. I prefer having a wide variety of body types in warframe for both extremes, so I'm happy with having a deluxe that looks borderline off proportion with how skinny it is. If I want to look at something pretty there's plenty of other options, including ones already on garuda, so going a completely different route is really nice.

Edit: I will say looking back, I kind of hope it comes with a new animation set. Mostly because garuda's noble animation was designed to accentuate her figure and the patterns on her wasit/legs. The same animation with MUCH more narrow legs, it definitely looks off. With the skin it actually looks more believable she'd be standing with her legs straight more so than if they were crossed like the actual pose has it.

unknown.png

NW7okGb.jpg

Edited by Annnoth
Thread merged, clarified subject to make sense.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Well you see, cosmetics are judged on personal tastes.

If you don't like it, that doesn't mean its bad. In fact there are no bad cosmetics. It just means its not for you. There's no need to get angry about it. Let others enjoy things that you don't like.

Not entirely. There is a bit of pattern, proper proportions, balance of color, etc that goes into making a cosmetic good or not too

You certainly can make a cosmetic that 99% of the player base will not like and not ever use on a warframe.

Its up to DE, but deluxe skins i would have imagined to have been made to please the majority of players over minority (not that it matters much to me anyway)

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
  • Like 6

I've got so many questions. Why is Ash, a frame not many people use cuz bad kit getting a SECOND deluxe (when he already had a very good one) and others like Mirage still don't have one? Also invisibility. And don't get me started on the designs i'm sure most in here have covered that already...yea someone's trash might be someone else's treasure. But let's be real here, why spend time making something in the game that barely anyone would welcome? I thought that if you bring something into the game, you expect to earn money for it or are we getting them for free?

I'm not even salty because whatever i don't need to buy them but i'm just absolutely baffled and have zero understanding for this.

• Like 5

I'm not blowing my load or anything, but I have high hopes for the Khora deluxe (partially because I need a deluxe kavat skin).

I think her deluxe animation idle is probably just horrendous, and makes the skin look really bad.

• Like 1