Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

3 hours ago, Mephane said:

Saryn's 

Wisps's

Saryn's will be Molt and Nezha's will be Firewalker. Confirmed by Pablo

Wisp's 2 if it's available will be feature request no.1 for endurance runners. Zenurik and a macro and it gives you not nullifiable damage immunity.

Rhino,  with a #1 that is barely ever used

Only time it doesnt come into play is in ESO and Eidolons. Outside of that it boosts Iron Skin a lot and when going Stomp build its travel distance is amazing.

Atlas. While is kit is not bad, replacing his #3

You mean his 2. His 3 is an amazing CC tool on its own.

Don't know about you guys but i'm more curious if we'll also be able to use the augments for those abilities. That would make or break certain choices, such as, I'll gladly give up the bleed if I can swap Ash's shuriken for Banshee's Sonic Boom and benefit from AoE armor strip instead of 2 targets only strip.

1 hour ago, VittiRayne said:

Please do NOT allow Limbo to be fed to the Helminth Chrysalis!!

I'm already seeing chatter on the discord servers that I am apart of how people want to use his Banish & Stasis abilities to troll people or further drive his image into the dirt.

Poor Limbo already has a bad enough rap as it is and has been nerfed already. It would be a shame to see this latest update be a cause to ruin his kit any further.

DE has already stated that the Helminth is a picky eater and that if you feed it certain thing it becomes upset and/or angry.
It could easily be explained that consuming a Limbo Warframe is not to the Helminth Chrysalis' tastes, it would prevent player's from being abused by these abilities, and save Limbo from future nerfs.

- Otherwise I love ALL of the points that you bring up Aceofgods and I think these would be fantastic features to add to the system, ease some of the time-gating, and make it more engaging! 

IIRC the system is going to work so that only one ability can be taken from every Frame. This ability is predetermined by the developers. E.g. for Mag, only Pull can be picked, no other ability can be taken.

When I first heard about this upcoming system, I was pretty worried to be honest - Warframe's "balance" is already super flimsy and people can solo anything with the correct build. Personally I prefer when games require more coordination and co-operation. Before I read that the system is going to only allow pulling one pre-determined Warframe ability from each Frame, I figured that this would be extremely, extremely overpowered.

Ive also sold all non-prime frames thinking I would never ever need them, so Im going to be quite dissapointed if we have to farm all of these AGAIN for this system, especially the ones that are extremely hard to get due RNG. It was already tedious to do once, doing it twice would be a nightmare, not to mention it would takes absurdly long time to do.

I hope this thing would check if youve already mastered said warframe and give you an option to buy it back or something with credits.

I hope that when the update comes out there will be limitations with the warframe abilities, like increased cost or less effective reason being that I feel that it allows the original warframe to still have use while the chrysalis abilities gives out a defective, or a debuffed copy. I feel that if warframes have the same ability with the original, the original may not be used as much. this will make sure it is less likely to break the game too.

I hope people will understand what I am trying to say. 

I'm mostly really angry about having to farm 44 frames all over again, including tons of very tedious ones and quest ones I have to repurchase from Simaris because I deleted them when their prime came out. Also looks like a huge ressource sink designed just to deplete all our stockpiles of hard-earned ressources over the years.

All in all, great idea, terrible execution. Why can't I just let a cyst mature on my frame, then use the cyst as the sacrifice tribute ? OR why not just add a vendor with the ability to recover non-prime frames we crafted and deleted ? Really unfair to come after 7 years and tell us "screw you for having deleted all these useless non-prime frames you had in your inventory, now you need them !".

Why do I have to farm two copies of every frames ? Why do I have to dump billions of ressources to level my helminth and sacrifice / rebind abilities to different frames ?

Also feel it might hurt frame diversity and uniqueness in the long run too.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Also looks like a huge ressource sink designed just to deplete all our stockpiles of hard-earned ressources over the years.

Oh. My. God.

"DE needs to STOP introducing new resources, and let us use our Billions of Alloy Plates, and Trillion Nanospores on something!!!" -Every Veteran Ever

*DE allows us to use the Resources we have, ALL of them, instead of having to farm some new Open World Resource to get a new one*

"What's with this RESOURCE SINK!!!! Why is DE making us DEPLETE our Hard-Earned Stockpiles!!!"

*Sad DE sounds.*

42 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Don't know about you guys but i'm more curious if we'll also be able to use the augments for those abilities.

DE confirmed that we can.

41 minutes ago, tzaeru said:
When I first heard about this upcoming system, I was pretty worried to be honest - Warframe's "balance" is already super flimsy and people can solo anything with the correct build. Personally I prefer when games require more coordination and co-operation. Before I read that the system is going to only allow pulling one pre-determined Warframe ability from each Frame, I figured that this would be extremely, extremely overpowered.

Well, you can't choose which ability you want to take away from the frame anyway. Judging by devstream, this will be weak abilities mostly. And most likely they will be slightly reworked. So I don't think it will be an OP. I want to look more at universal abilities, because it might be something new.

The Helminth Chrysalis system is undoubtedly the most interesting gameplay system that comes with the Heart of Deimos update, but as far as I see it, we can only get some low dps abilities for frames like shock, ice wave or things like these. Whose gonna even use pull or shock that they showed us anyway? I mean, this system, could make builds so much more interesting, but with these abilities I don't know if it's worth the time to farm out frames just for sacraficing them... What does excalibur give us then? Slash Dash? ;-;

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Of course not, it's DE. Why would you even expect anything good?

There is already a possible synergy revealed:

Garuda with Brief Respite, Bleeding and Decaying Dragon Key, and Molt from Saryn (plus augment). Permanent shield gating, infinite energy.

Dude, imagine replacing mesa’s 1 with volt shock augument or smite infusion. Regulators gonna be op beyond doubt. Then you have new possible eidolon king volt woth smite infusion. Gold stuff lol i can see some nerfs already, and possible limitations to what certain frames gets. 

Spores on a Slowva sound fun. 

Pocket sand Ash is going to be amazing. 

Might mess with a Vex Armor Inaros. 

Mesa's shatter shield would be helpful on many squishy frames. 

Might replace Embers 1 with Energy Vampire. 

Frost will really benefit from getting is 1 and 2 replaced. Maybe a wisp ability?

Mesmer Skin OP. 

We know about volt shock (damage buff with the aug), mag pull (greedy pull might be something for some frame), nezha firewalker (confirmed by pablo) and saryn molt (also confirmed by pablo). Those 4 abilities are already not bad.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

We know about volt shock (damage buff with the aug), mag pull (greedy pull might be something for a some frame), nezha firewalker (confirmed by pablo) and saryn molt (also confirmed by pablo). Those 4 abilities are already not bad.

Dam ahah, here i was betting on saryn toxic lash lol. 

Archived