Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will rhino roar get nerfed? What other abilities are worth using?

redkunaz

Since DE tends to nerf whats used by people instead of buffing what isn't used (under performing) , how do you think rhinos roar  will get nerfed?

Am i safe to sacrifice the rhino for it?

You see, there are many abilities to subsume, but they just aren't... worth it.

Don't get me wrong some of them like khoras cage are cool, but... do you know how long it takes to grind khora, nidus or certain frames? rhino's roar is boring in the end of the day, but it just gives you damage, you don't need to overthink stuff.

Tbh i think the abilities we have are lackluster and we should get 1 more from each frame.

If they do nerf the ones that are used, than there's really no point to the system. because most abilities there just aren't worth using.

They nerfed Roar pre-release, and there was huge backlash by a part of the playerbase. I don't think they will do so again.

Sacrificing frames is, in my opinion, up to the player. I think the whole Helminth system has been blown completely out of proportion in discussions, to the point that players overthink about something that doesn't make that much of a difference at the end of the day (i.e. frames are extremely powerful with or without infusing new abilities.)

4 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

Sacrificing frames is, in my opinion, up to the player. I think the whole Helminth system has been blown completely out of proportion in discussions, to the point that players overthink about something that doesn't make that much of a difference at the end of the day (i.e. frames are extremely powerful with or without infusing new abilities.)

"Butt I need higher Numbers!!!"

28 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

Since DE tends to nerf whats used by people instead of buffing what isn't used (under performing) , how do you think rhinos roar  will get nerfed?

You see, there are many abilities to subsume, but they just aren't... worth it.

Don't get me wrong some of them like khoras cage are cool, but... do you know how long it takes to grind khora, nidus or certain frames? rhino's roar is boring in the end of the day, but it just gives you damage, you don't need to overthink stuff.

Tbh i think the abilities we have are lackluster and we should get 1 more from each frame.

If they do nerf the ones that are used, than there's really no point to the system. because most abilities there just aren't worth using.

1) Roar was already nerfed when subsumed

2) Khora doesn’t give up her cage, she gives up ensnare

I doubt they will nerf roar again since it’s damage increase has already been reduced. And yes, it’s still a good ability in its nerfed state, but I think there are better options out there for a lot of frames in a game where we already deal obscene damage.

The damage buff from Roar is rarely needed. There are many more interesting and useful abilities to choose from. 

I've been using Breach Surge, Ensnare, Pillage, Shooting Gallery, Larva, Resonator, Condemn, Spectrorage, Rest & Rage and Silence on many frames. 

Shooting Gallery with the augment is 2 forms of cc in one ability. You get disarm and and a blind. The blind procs off your kills so enemies either have no guns are blind or both. 

Spectrorage seems like a trash ability, but when you use the augment and Arcane Eruption you get cc from an aoe blast and near endless energy. This works especially well on frames like Mag and Khora that can group a lot of enemies close together. 

Resonator draws all aggro off your frame and you are free to do what ever you want. You might as well be invis if you put this ability on your frame. 

There are abilities that have a unique synergy on specific frames. Thermal Sunder on Ember is a good example of that. Since pretty much every enemy on you screen is on fire you can use Thermal Sunder to pull enemies towards your frame. Or you can cast Thermal Sunder twice and freeze enemies. You now have a hybrid fire/ice build. 

There are so many good abilities to choose from and the "obvious" choice to just throw more damage on a frame is pointless when we already overkill most enemies we encounter. It's also just a boring. You might think that there is literally no point to the Helminth System but, I've never had as much fun playing Warframe as I've had in the last month. 

2 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

The damage buff from Roar is rarely needed. There are many more interesting and useful abilities to choose from. 

I've been using Breach Surge, Ensnare, Pillage, Shooting Gallery, Larva, Resonator, Condemn, Spectrorage, Rest & Rage and Silence on many frames. 

Shooting Gallery with the augment is 2 forms of cc in one ability. You get disarm and and a blind. The blind procs off your kills so enemies either have no guns are blind or both. 

Spectrorage seems like a trash ability, but when you use the augment and Arcane Eruption you get cc from an aoe blast and near endless energy. This works especially well on enemies like Mag and Khora that can group a lot of enemies close together. 

Resonator draws all aggro off your frame and you are free to do what ever you want. You might as well be invis if you put this ability on your frame. 

There are abilities that have a unique synergy on specific frames. Thermal Sunder on Ember is a good example of that. Since pretty much every enemy on you screen is on fire you can use Thermal Sunder to pull enemies towards your frame. Or you can cast Thermal Sunder twice and freeze enemies. You now have a hybrid fire/ice build. 

There are so many good abilities to choose from and the "obvious" choice to just throw more damage on a frame is pointless when we already overkill most enemies we encounter. It's also just a boring. You might think that there is literally no point to the Helminth System but, I've never had as much fun playing Warframe as I've had in the last month. 

have you tried Firewalker on Titania and flying around making fire trails?

Its great fun. Even  making spins around a teammates who is standing still.

I'm surprised no one tried to make a drawing in the sky using that yet.

it's important to remember one thing:

no matter how much they nerf Roar or any of the "good" abilities, they will ALWAYS be preferred over outright bad abilities, like Mind Control or Perspicacity. Roar could give 5% extra damage and people would still use it over trash abilities.

The only way DE could possibly fix this is by - you guessed it - buffing the other, trash abilities so that they become worthwhile to use, even if it's only in specific situations. of course, that doesn't seem like it's on the cards..

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

That sounds dope. Next project for me 

I hope so. Roar needs to be removed from the Helminth.

Considering the chart they showed on the Devstream - Rhino being the most subsumed by about 20-30% over Oberon which is 2nd, then double the infuse/usage of Warcry (2nd most used) there's a big chance it will be removed and replaced with Rhino Charge. And who knows how the chart is looking like right now.

Feel free to pitchfork me now.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I've been busy making abomination builds recently. My favorite two so far are Melee Mesa with ensnare replacing regulators and Rhino with resonator in place of his Iron skin. I'll then run them solo Steel Path endurance. Took Mesa to almost lvl 6k Mot and Rhino to lvl 4.5k Taveuni. IDK maybe I'm weird, but It's been a lot of fun breaking frames by removing what I consider their signature ability and seeing what I have left to work with.

I have not touched Titania yet. She's on the list though. I want to replace her Razorwing with something stupid but have not come up with anything yet. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's important to remember one thing:

no matter how much they nerf Roar or any of the "good" abilities, they will ALWAYS be preferred over outright bad abilities, like Mind Control or Perspicacity. Roar could give 5% extra damage and people would still use it over trash abilities.

The only way DE could possibly fix this is by - you guessed it - buffing the other, trash abilities so that they become worthwhile to use, even if it's only in specific situations. of course, that doesn't seem like it's on the cards..

Yea, I use perpispacity on Ivara for my spies build. You can use it in sorties and it doesn't have a cooldown so why not. I never use navigator anyway, though I've kept it on all my other builds. But then, I've replaced a number of frames' useless abilities with master's summons, So nice not having to rez my pet if it goes down. Just press the button and summon it up all healed to full. (this won't work if the pet is already dead, tho. I wish it would!)

Roar is a waste in most content, there are just too many subsumes that fills a better purpose in far more situations. The only time I'd consider bringing Roar as a subsume is if I go to kill bosses, so my Ash, Mesa, Nyx or Titania can use it. For everything else I rather pick either Larva, Fire Blast or Rift Surge since they increase AoE clearing efficiency and grant a CC, and in Fire Blast's case it is also a good single target debuff.

And then in situations where I want survivability I'll just use condemn or pillage, or possibly elemental ward.

2 hours ago, redkunaz said:

You need to reduce the sodium content of the stuff you are consuming. Salt going in, leads to salt coming out. 

In this case it leads to you claiming that DE nerfs what people use. In reality DE nerfs stuff that is overwhelmingly powerful, especially when it can be applied to every part of the game, as opposed to being primarily useful in specific parts. 

As everyone said, Roar got a pre-nerf and I think it's locked out of frames which already have a similar ability so it's either/or but not both. 

Next time you're looking at content that's saying stuff that's primarily negative about some aspect of the game, ask yourself "does this dude seem to be adding even more salt for no real reason other than to get views on his channel?" If the answer is yes, stop the video and unsubscribe. 

2 hours ago, redkunaz said:

You ask this like you think that it's difficult to get another Rhino. If it is, then you probably should just leave that whole Helminth system alone for a bit. It's meant to be something that people play with when they have the vast majority of what's in the game, and don't have much else to do that is new and fresh. We're meant to see it as a system that offers an insane number of ways to combine abilities to help keep things fresh. 

Good hunting, Tenno. 

iron skin in helminth could have been more useful for other warframes ....

I didn't like that they extracted the first skill from the ash ... it's totally useless. I hoped it was invisibility that is the skill with the least duration of other warframes like loki.

Unfortunately DE chose the skills they extracted very badly ... they are 90% useless.

Just now, Luciole77 said:

iron skin in helminth could have been more useful for other warframes ....

That's pretty much why they couldn't give that ability to subsume, isn't it? It would have been put on almost every single frame by people regardless of how useless it would be on some of them. 

I didn't like that they extracted the first skill from the ash ... it's totally useless. I hoped it was invisibility that is the skill with the least duration of other warframes like loki.

Would have been cool, but honestly any invisibility has the potential to be just the same as iron skin. Well maybe not Ivara's because she's slooooooow, but you get what I mean. 

Unfortunately DE chose the skills they extracted very badly ... they are 90% useless.

LOL. Again there's a reason for that, and why it asks which slot you want to apply it to. The aim was obviously to allow us to find niche applications while creating a huge number of possible combinations. It wasn't for you to create the most OP frame that would allow you to never use anything else. 

Roar likely won't get nerfed since it was already nerfed before release.

what i'm thinkin might get changed/nerfed might be:

1)Breach surge : Aoe cc and damage increase for some frames

2)Pillage: Shield gating and overshields which can benefit any frame with a shield

3)Resonator: Makes enemies ignore you 

6 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Spectrorage seems like a trash ability, but when you use the augment and Arcane Eruption you get cc from an aoe blast and near endless energy. This works especially well on enemies like Mag and Khora that can group a lot of enemies close together. 

I totally forgot about shooting gallery. That's so incredibly OP.....the whole reason people die so much is from the hail of gunfire from corpus and grineer. I used to do endurance mot runs with her solely for SG. Wow I gotta farm mesa

Archived