Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why are most people against pvp being in Warframe?

VenTheWeeb

on a personal level, i feel that the movement system would have to be much more refined before i would enjoy pvp; rolling is an uncomfortably long animation lock and parkour movement speed is reduced. add to this the fact that warframe is an aim-down-sights shooter, and you get a game mode that is fundamentally at odds with the high-paced action in the rest of the game

on a community level, a few years ago i would have said that pvp makes the community more toxic, but the real pvp was the trade chat we made along the way

Simply put, the disparity in health and damage dealt. A fully modded gun will obliterate every single warframe rapidly. This game is horribly balanced in terms of how much health we have to how much health damage our guns do. The entire game needs a rebalance in order for PvP to work.

1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

Simply put, the disparity in health and damage dealt. A fully modded gun will obliterate every single warframe rapidly. This game is horribly balanced in terms of how much health we have to how much health damage our guns do. The entire game needs a rebalance in order for PvP to work.

Have you actually played PvP?  The mods, ehp and weapon balance are completely different.  The real problem is that ehp and mobility are not balancedand there are just too many weapons and warframes to balance.  They tried starting from a clean slate in conclave 2.0, but the stream of content warframe gets is just too much for a 1-2 person team to properly balance in their spare time.  Realistically speaking if PvP is ever going to be good, it needs a proper full time team, and that's not likely to happen.

Il y a 12 heures, Corvid a dit :

Titanfall 1 and 2, and even two of the CoD games that you so readily dismiss had parkour mechanics (specifically, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare). If you go back further even more games show up with parkour in their PvP.

Agreed but you cannot do what you do in warframe in those games. Warframe is way faster and dynamic, bullet jump makes a huge difference. Those games don´t have it. Warframe had almost the same parkour system as those mentioned games but after DE touched it. It became a hole different thing so I insist: Parkour is what makes this game unique. Even tho it´s not the only game with it, there is no other game that give players this level of movility. And if you play conclave regularly with really experienced ussers, you´ll get that eventually. 

I started with Dark Sectors and found that those were terrible as a small clan had no chance against an alliance with 5 Moon clans. Stopped playing that til DE shut it down and worked on Conclave. 

At first, Conclave was a pure beast of play. Few frames and weapons made the game feel more balanced and gave all players a chance once the feel was acquired. There were different levels of play to choose which let hardcore go at it in one area while newcomers had a place to duel. If you got the Daily and Weekly challenges done, Teshin gave you a letter that contained PvE items and resources to use as you wanted. Hek, the Credit Bundles were rewards

Then the hitscans were added and DE decided to put the newcomers and hardcore players together. This was when things started to go downhill. New players became cannon fodder and felt the mode was for those who had all the mods and did the meta/broken stuff to win while hardcore used broken things to get kills and feel superior to those who had no idea what was what in the mode. Then we got Mouse and Keyboard and the shift from all using Controllers to have a fighting chance to MK having advantage was birthed. 

I would come back to Conclave once a year to see if things have improved and each year its worse than before. Added weapons mean more variety in finding what warps the fighting scene into cheese and cheap since its in the mode. Best players using broken stuff or ganging up to beatdown the new players to prove how much how they are better runs rampart. Shotguns hitting with the range of a rifle, watching players go on killstreaks using broken mechanics, and weapons turned up to 11 (Kuva Bramma) being allowed in for easy kills took away the ability to have fun since getting stomped constantly does not make a good match.

Whatever chance PvP had for the community to engage and give a go daily for the First Win got destroyed by those who took joy in destroying the community. To show this, when DE did the special Conclave where we all had the same weapons, hardcore players complained since everyone had equal footing. They could not use the meta to sidestep skill and players started playing again more than before. But since there were so many vocal complaints, DE has not brought it back. Now we have the Tigris and Telos Boltace meta that removes any skill and rewards power. 

Ah well....maybe next year the Conclave will balance itself out by players holding to not using broken stuff.....HAHAHAAAHAAAAA... 

Who am i kidding? They will keep deteriorating it til its removed just as Dark Sectors

If the items were universally unlocked, my problem with it, would still be I become the content and the babysitter.

Rather than the developers having to create content I have to spend my time so they don't have to.

If I was going to pvp you'd have to put me on developer sallery, because at that point I am the game.

That being said if enough people want pvp in the game I won't protest, aslong as I don't have to play it myself.

as I said many times (and I'm quite bored to repeat it ), what makes the core of the game is totally uncompatible with a PVP mode. 

Extreme mobility, High damage, cc abilities, High control , variety in weapons and approaches and best of all the feeling of uncontested power. At the point that whatever form of PVP you could carve from Warframe would simply be a totally different game.

Let's say this outloud, people don't play Warframe to play seriously or a competitive game, and PVP does that, brings in effort. The usual Warframe player is a casual who gets in, have fun stomping enemies uncontested in a demi-god fashion with his new toys and gets out. Rinse and repeat. 

It could appear shallow or boring, but from a market standing point it is quite effective. The game market is full of competitive games, you could say almost EVERY shooter online is competitive and those which are not, simply have no content and die gradually.

Warframe is that little strange place in which you have the pros and satisfaction from playing a single player game BUT with the chance of sharing that progress and adventures with other people online. 

Sure this means they need constant updates to not become stale, but they manage to keep the game interesting. 

Changing this precious and delicate approach, giving more attention to PVP or even making it equal as important could destroy said equilibrium, and almost the entire community does not want to take that risk.

3 hours ago, xXMadneXDXx said:

Agreed but you cannot do what you do in warframe in those games. Warframe is way faster and dynamic,

The CoD games and TF1, maybe, but TF2 is definitely faster thanks to slide-hopping. Combined with creative use of the grappling hook you can literally sling yourself across the map.

There are too many uphills from the get go with Conclave.

The movement system which is a turn off for many players. More or less every weapon being hitscan, meaning far less skill being involved. Way to many combinations for good balance to be a thing. Then ontop of that we dont have actual dedicated servers that can provide for the community, consoles dont even have the option for player hosted dedicated servers. And on the PC side we dont have enough player hosted dedicated servers to provide equally for all locations.

Central dedicated hubs are needed, so we can pick the region/country where the ping is best for us. Every other option is just amateur-amateur hour imo, and no one with a real interest for PvP will settle with such "quality". Weapons would also need a rework and be turned into projectile based weapons with bullet velocity, proper spread and drop for conclave, otherwise we'll all just noob it out in Soldier 76/McCree style.

edit: Oh and we need a single "Conclave Frame" aswell so people are on equal footing, same deal with weapons, give us a few options so balance can be achieved.

I think the answer boils down to "Because PvP simply does not 'fit'."

The mechanics don't lend any help, the narrative is that we work together, etc. ... the most fundamental aspects of the world and the game are simply not geared toward PvP.

Since there are so very many PvP based games that take a ton of developer work to remain balanced (debated I know) there is simply little to no ROI for DE to invest in a game mode that other developers have already nailed.

I get that players like PvP and want to have PvP in the WF IP.

At the same time, can people not understand that not every game has to offer every game mode? That trying to do too many things and please too many people does not work? 

I simply do not understand why people demand all GaaS games have ALL the aspects of other GaaS games - it's as if everyone wants the same game, over and over, with a different skin...

IMO, as always, just let WF be WF...enjoy it, or don't, but trying to make things like PvP occur when the entire premise of the game and the IP don't incorporate it, is simply not reasonable, IMO.

You can say this game or that game did it all day, we can argue how effective other games provide all game modes, but WF is WF, it's not those other games, if they have what you want, then go play them, IMO, and play WF for WF.

It's just that PvP in warframe is so different from the pve component , it is also very poorly balanced for new and old vet players.

There could be other ways to introduce competitive gameplay (k drive ? Mech only ? Operator only ?)

But DE don't seem to give a S#&$ , and i really don't care either way cause if i wanted competitive i would play a game that has that as it's core , not as an afterthought. 

I would like it to improve but i don't have hope for it.

Warframe is all about PvP.

Why do you think you can compare mission stats after you finish one if it wasn't so that people could gain some kind of feeling of superiority from them? 

The problem is that the actual PvP game modes in Warframe are pretty bad, not really all that much fun to play and lack polish and regular updates.

What the game needs is more fun based competitive modes of play like s Dog Days style water fight.

My clan mates and I hold K-Drive races in the Orb Vallis Captura scene (Did you know that you can have 8 people in one of those at a time?) you can hold foot races over them as well. Fortuna to Nef's Statue with 8 Gauss is fun.

Official Warframe PvP bad, home grown in Clan mucking about Warframe PvP the best in the game.

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

Warframe is all about PvP.

Why do you think you can compare mission stats after you finish one if it wasn't so that people could gain some kind of feeling of superiority from them? 

The problem is that the actual PvP game modes in Warframe are pretty bad, not really all that much fun to play and lack polish and regular updates.

What the game needs is more fun based competitive modes of play like s Dog Days style water fight.

My clan mates and I hold K-Drive races in the Orb Vallis Captura scene (Did you know that you can have 8 people in one of those at a time?) you can hold foot races over them as well. Fortuna to Nef's Statue with 8 Gauss is fun.

Official Warframe PvP bad, home grown in Clan mucking about Warframe PvP the best in the game.

Anything competitive will draw a-holes to it. The less we have that, the better. If you compete with people who are into that and/or are your friends, then that is obviously different as that's the way it's supposed to be, but anything official will surely turn it into the same S#&$ it has always been. Just let it rot and spend time with people who you know will enjoy it with you, not those that enjoy it at your expense. Much less of the usual BS that way.

On 2020-12-07 at 1:01 PM, Hearsay said:

Because very few people who play Warframe enjoy PvP.  And considering that PvP takes a lot of constant care and attention it is seen as taking resources that could have been directed towards working on parts of the game most people care about.

This.

To paraphrase for OP’s direct question another way.

We don’t (hate PvP).  We don’t play PvP that is inferior to far more immersive, entertaining, enjoyable, and polished PvE.

On 2020-12-07 at 6:56 PM, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

it seems like a lot of people don't want Conclave to improve and/or just want it removed from the game completely. like I get that pvp games always have more toxic players but pve games can have them so Warframe already has those players like sure you can argue that it will get worse because somehow improved conclave = attracting more of these players but is that really gonna ruin your experience like you can just mute them. 

I been playing the game for just a few weeks (5 days or so in accumulated time) and I haven´t tested the PvP part yet but I can clearly see the problem when launching that to the mix, and that is the basic design is not meant for that, take for instance the junction fights for example, when you fight frost in mars he can freeze your ass and then 1 hit kill you, or excalibur that can blind you and basically do the same thing, then add riven mods plus prime gear and then you´ll have not only a wildly unbalanced game mode, but one where paying to win will become a must.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

I been playing the game for just a few weeks (5 days or so in accumulated time) and I haven´t tested the PvP part yet but I can clearly see the problem when launching that to the mix, and that is the basic design is not meant for that, take for instance the junction fights for example, when you fight frost in mars he can freeze your ass and then 1 hit kill you, or excalibur that can blind you and basically do the same thing, then add riven mods plus prime gear and then you´ll have not only a wildly unbalanced game mode, but one where paying to win will become a must.

I hate PVP, but I think you might have some misinformation.  I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the PVP mode uses a slightly different set of rules than normal content.  I do know that you have to create a "PVP Loadout," and I'm almost certain that Rivens are simply NOT allowed.  I'm fairly sure that when they release new weapons and Warframes there's also usually a little point in the patch notes that says something like "New weapon is removed from PVP until later."

If you want to dislike PVP, please do.  But don't do it based on misinformation.

Just now, EmberStar said:

I hate PVP, but I think you might have some misinformation.  I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the PVP mode uses a slightly different set of rules than normal content.  I do know that you have to create a "PVP Loadout," and I'm almost certain that Rivens are simply NOT allowed.  I'm fairly sure that when they release new weapons and Warframes there's also usually a little point in the patch notes that says something like "New weapon is removed from PVP until later."

If you want to dislike PVP, please do.  But don't do it based on misinformation.

Just now, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

"... I haven´t tested the PvP part yet but I can clearly see the problem when launching that to the mix, and that is the basic design is not meant for that..."

🙄

Archived