Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice Ride 1,000,000 meters on a K-Drive?

(XBOX)MauRo NRa

1 hour ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Don't put any effort. You'll get it passively as you play the game.

K-Drives are the worst version of transportation in open world areas. I call bull. 

Even playing as Yareli on Merulina doesn't count towards it, so you have to load in to an open world area, and you have to jump onto a K-board instead of being fast or useful. 

I've passively been at it for months and only at 500,000. I've finished every race in the game several times over. Maxed Ventkids. Every mod acquired, every board made and maxed out. You have to rubber band your controller then afk for several hours if you actually want it done. 

I wonder if Yareli's Merulina counts. This way you could level her, your secondary (+200% crit from moving for 1.5 second) and vent kids in any maps.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

K-Drives are the worst version of transportation in open world areas. I call bull. 

Even playing as Yareli on Merulina doesn't count towards it, so you have to load in to an open world area, and you have to jump onto a K-board instead of being fast or useful. 

oH... that's bad.

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wonder if Yareli's Merulina counts. This way you could level her, your secondary (+200% crit from moving for 1.5 second) and vent kids in any maps.

oH... that's bad.

Merulina doesn't seem to count as an actual K-drive for a lot of stuff.  She also doesn't count for doing the Ventkid races for the Waverider mission - riding Merulina won't trigger the next waypoint, and the mission will timeout and fail almost immediately if you try.

Don't listen to people saying to use k-drive over archwing in the open world. You're consistently and selfishly slowing down your squad. Don't be a trash squadmate; play the open world missions properly.

Don't listen to people that say to just grind it out. It's a waste of time to surf around without any purpose other than the achievement itself.

Do be productive with your time on k-drive by doing k-drive races. Do enough to fill daily Ventkids standing then move on to something else until the next day. Buy K-drive mods with the standing. At MR30 (which I assume you are, because it's mostly high MR players that bother rounding out these kinds of achievements as there are more interesting things for lower MR players to be doing) you'll be able to buy anywhere from 1-4 k-drive mods per day. Maxed non-R10 K-drive mods sell for between 20 and 35p a piece and filling daily ventkids standing via races takes less than 7 minutes on average. It typically amounts to a little less than 10p per minute, which isn't too bad considering there is very little overhead (mission starts, mission endings, arsenal switches, etc.). Once you've filled the achievement, you can continue racing if you like the plat or stop.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

It's dull but the best way I found was do 3 laps around the perimeter of the Vallis map every time I logged on for a while. Each lap is about 10k meters, and 3 laps is just enough before you lose interest for the day. 

Yeah, if you race through the sides of the orb valis you get something from 10.000 to 11.000 meters, as of now seem like the most efficient way, problem is it takes from 10 - 20 minutes to do so.

29 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Don't listen to people saying to use k-drive over archwing in the open world. You're consistently and selfishly slowing down your squad. Don't be a trash squadmate; play the open world missions properly.

Don't listen to people that say to just grind it out. It's a waste of time to surf around without any purpose other than the achievement itself.

Yeah K-Drives are nice and cool, but they are painfully slow, I used to play a lot of warframe but recently I've been playing every once in a while, I believe today is like the third time this year I started the game but when I played consistently, just by playing passively amounted to 100.000 - 150.000 mts. I've been grinding as Skippy suggested and I'm at 300.000 guess that's the way to go. 

Thanks.

il y a 22 minutes, EmberStar a dit :

Merulina doesn't seem to count as an actual K-drive for a lot of stuff.  She also doesn't count for doing the Ventkid races for the Waverider mission - riding Merulina won't trigger the next waypoint, and the mission will timeout and fail almost immediately if you try.

You can race with Yareli since the last update

il y a 25 minutes, sly_squash a dit :

Don't be that person who impose their way of playing on others. Don't forget some people may not have their archwing launcher. If waiting your teammates is such a burden to you, you have the option to leave the squad

And for the love of everything that is beautiful in this world don't sell perfect balance to k-drive noobs at stupid prices.

il y a 4 minutes, (XBOX)MauRo NRa a dit :

Yeah K-Drives are nice and cool, but they are painfully slow,

Yes base k-drive is slow, but once you get every speed mods, it's fine. And when you have Magus Drive... oh yes, you can go fast. very fast. the arcane will certainly ease the achievement, but if you can't find it at a decent price (150p or less), farm it instead.

Most of all, don't forget to have fun. Not everything have to be productive ;) 

4 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

Don't be that person who impose their way of playing on others.

Not imposing anything. Just enforcing basic etiquette. If you're letting others run the open world missions for you because you've chosen to be permanently no where near the objectives at all times from intentionally hamstringing your movement, you're borderline leeching and should be called out for it. Play squaded missions properly.

5 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

Don't forget some people may not have their archwing launcher.

The advice given was literally to remove the archwing launcher from your Gear so you wouldn't be tempted to efficiently traverse the map to get to squad objectives, and my correction specifically states not to forego the archwing for the k-drive at the expense of your squad.

12 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

If waiting your teammates is such a burden to you, you have the option to leave the squad

Nope. If you want to effectively leech your open world bounties via choosing to do them as inefficiently as possible, then the onus is on you to solo them. It's not OK to bring everyone else down because you wanna do something on the side.  I report people who are consistently no where near the objective for leeching all the time, and often get notifications that my reports were fruitful. Don't fish on your squadmates time. Don't mine on your squadmates time. And don't achievement hunt on your squadmates time. Be a better person than that.

"Bordeline leeching ? " Are you reading yourself ? Bounties objectives are rarely that far from each other, it's a mater of seconds to reach the next point, even for a K-drive.

It's  not basic etiquette to report players that are too slow to you, I'm sorry, but that's just toxic behavior. You can't impose a perfect farm route to random players. You have to understand that people don't have to apply to your "efficiency standards".  

just go solo in plains before sleep and move forward toward something. I've farmed ventkids way enough in my sorry life and I'm not even halfway in the achievement. People saying that using kdrive in open world is bad are right, yes you can join squads with it and be just a tiny bit behind but it will feel bad for everyone and at the end of the mission you will have made an extremly thin amount of progress, it's like beeing the party pooper except it's more poopy for you than the others.

Kdrive is fun, I think it's great having it in the game, but as we can use archwings and void dash around it makes absolutely 0 sense. It's not the kdrive the issue, the controls are fun and all, it's the fact that it just doesn't blend into the game at all.

One thing I’ve always wondered is if airtime is counted towards the achievement or if it has to be ground contact movement.

i spend a lot of time on my kdrive but most of that is leaping around like an oaf and occasional snack breaks when I suddenly get the urge to eat concrete and slam my face into the ground.

also wondering if a stored jump charge could invalidate distance travelled too now I think about it.

3 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

"Bordeline leeching ? " Are you reading yourself ? Bounties objectives are rarely that far from each other, it's a mater of seconds to reach the next point, even for a K-drive.

It's  not basic etiquette to report players that are too slow to you, I'm sorry, but that's just toxic behavior. You can't impose a perfect farm route to random players. You have to understand that people don't have to apply to your "efficiency standards".  

You're being hyperbolic here. He was correct to point out that you shouldn't be holding back your team through absence or inefficient participation for the sake of a crappy/arbitrary achievement. If you want to do that kind of thing, don't do it in public matches. Go solo.

I'm surprised nobody has said it... just use the map boundary exploit.  It's the only reasonable way.  Somebody smoked good stuff when they came up with this trophy.  You can max vent kids, do every race and multi-forma every k-drive and still only achieve roughly 1/5th of what this joke of a trophy/cheevo asks.

Take your K Drive, drive towards a map barrier at full speed, it will eject you from the board, pull out your gear wheel and remount your k-drive and begin to fall.  If you are lucky you will fall endlessly and after about 50 minutes of endlessly falling at full speed you will get this done.  Sometimes the glitch backfires and respawns you on ground after only about 1000m but you can just do the glitch again and eventually you will get the sweet spot.

Do not give DE the satisfaction of doing this legit and wasting 10+ hours of your life riding around on K-Drive aimlessly.   The exploit has been known by years by DE, Sony, MS and whoever else, so you don't have to worry about consequences, there are none.

Archived