dealing 3.5x damage as impact.

Valkyr has 150 shields,
33% of her shields is 49.5.

49.5 x 3.5 is 173.25 Impact damage.

370 shields with Redirection.

33% of 370 is 122.1.
122.1 x 3.5 is 427.35 impact damage.

That is not a lot of damage.

Most weapons, even the worst ones, can do more then that.

~

10 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Most weapons, even the worst ones, can do more then that.

So?

As others have pointed out this isn't supposed to be a damaging ability, and using it as such will be disappointing.

Its use is to:
Stun enemies
Knock them back
Open then to finishers

Especially with the augment.

Sure paralysis does horrible damage on its own, but it serves to open them up for usually instantly fatal finisher damage.

And are you going to complain that an ability like Radial Disarm sucks because it only deals 500 damage and most weapons can deal far more damage than that?  Or are you going to look at abilities as doing more and having more effects than just the damage portion.

I mean hek, you're ignoring the line of "Knockback Strength" when its the only ability in the game to have that.....

I think Valkitty needs a rework or some tweaks in general. Her 1st ability hasn't been relevant since Parkour 2.0 (current movement system). Her 2nd Is one of the main reasons to play her but you can just subsume it onto any other frame now. Her 3rd is ok, though it is a underwhelming ability. Her 4th, like most exalted melee, can't keep up with normal melee weapons do to not being able to use Blood rush, Weeping Wounds etc. The only redeeming quality of her 4th is the invincibility and life steal. Taken some damage? press 4, hit a couple dudes, heal, runaway, deactivate 4.

Currently Valkyr, Hydroid, Frost and Oberon are the Warframes that need some love. I do think Valkyr needs it the most though. 

Paralysis is poopoo, it's the ability that is helminth spot untill they make something better.

Make ripline pull multiple enemies, pull them properly not ragdoll them 20m behind you, add armor strip then kaboom suddenly it's better.

Hysteria is strong but just like other exalted melee it needs to be able to use some of the mods that only regular melee has access to, also if they want to remove the invincibility in return giving it not a horrible drain it would be better as well.

The excuse of "it's going to be too powerful" is garbage, that's the point it's supposed to be stronger than generic melee.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

valkyr's whole kit besides war cry is garbo.

that's why she needs a rework. desperately.. but instead we are getting a buff skin for her instead. I hope once New War is over DE will evaluate some of the frame's kits. Nyx, Valkyr and Hydroid in particular.

Ripline is fun. The 4 is a free invincibility to kill acolytes or really any tough spot. 

You also have the helminth. 

And any rework that happens isn't gonna make anyone happy anyways, because you guys are only looking for scaling damage abilities to spam, aoe damage to spam, and large damage/weapon buffs to spam and use on allies.

I have a Paralysis Condemn build that I bust out for Valk bonus Arbitrations versus infested.  Which is about as niche as a build can be, I think. And it's still nothing special, even so.

I'd be all for Paralysis getting some better damage potential with enemy level scaling.  People can say "It's not meant to be a damage ability."  Maybe.  But all I know for sure is there's a pretty fun damage ability concept there already--it just needs some help with the numbers to be halfway relevant.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Ripline is fun. The 4 is a free invincibility to kill acolytes or really any tough spot. 

You also have the helminth. 

And any rework that happens isn't gonna make anyone happy anyways, because you guys are only looking for scaling damage abilities to spam, aoe damage to spam, and large damage/weapon buffs to spam and use on allies.

My god it's almost like we want her abilities outside of Hysteria to actually be useful and engaging for moment-to-moment combat instead of just Melee spam...

3 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Its not meant to do damage but open enemies up to finishers but then why does it have a damage multiplier? kinda contradicting itself 

I mean, the simplest explanation is that is meant to do damage.   It's just not good at it anymore, because, like some other "damage" abilities that cause little damage,  the numbers haven't been updated.  Presumably it was much better at it  in 2014--or at least, not as awful-- but I wasn't around then.

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I mean, the simplest explanation is that is meant to do damage.   It's just not good at it anymore, because, like some other "damage" abilities that cause little damage,  the numbers haven't been updated.  Presumably it was much better at it  in 2014--or at least, not as awful-- but I wasn't around then.

2014 wow, wasn't around during the Mesozoic era either

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Need to partially realize that this ability does have scaling outside of Power Strength, EG: Shield mods and Overshields.

Without investment, all it is is just a finisher/stunlock ability. But with it, it can then become a damage ability, EG: with Condem/Shield Ospreys.

Still not great damage numbers though given the setup time needed, especially for Overshields, not forgetting to mention that actually taking damage reduces your damage output. Edit - and that using the ability also reduces shields.

Tell us something we dont know.

Seriously though, i think we can all agree it can easily be replaced by anything. Though personally i found a use for it, it'll open enemies up to finishers usually. To be honest, i think ripline has less use, since it was made for mobility in a time before bullet jumping and aim gliding. So i usually replace ripline with helminth abilities.

I'm surprised at all the people defending this nonsense. 

I don't care what an abilities primary purpose is. 

If it does damage, it shouldn't be token damage. It should scale and be effective. Or it shouldn't do ANY damage AT ALL. 

I am ready to metaphorically die on this hill. 

Archived