Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

18 weeks or even 26 I don't mind.  But it could get bad depending on how they deal with new adapters.

I hope they move to a system where there's no weapon rotation at all, and we just grind out generic adapters which are only locked in when we install them on eligible weapons.

People who don't want every adapter won't be strung around as long, but they'll still get all the completionists.   And it'll be a more player friendly system.

If the list gets really long they should also look at raising the cap per week and reducing the grind/ material requirements too.

Unfortunately it's easy to imagine the system getting worse rather than better.  For instance, by rotating out old adapters as new ones come in.

Agreed. That's a long time to wait if you can't play one week. I shouldn't get screwed out of some cool new thing for over a month because real life happens sometimes. I second what everyone is suggesting and change it to 2 generic incarnon adaptors per week we can install on any weapon that has an incarnon form. Still adds to the weekly chores but at least you won't have to wait months if you miss the one weapon you want.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

Most of the things you have mentioned are available elsewhere, even if it's not exact form (e.g. normal vs prime frame). I wanted 3x Energize from nightwave because I didn't want to pay hundreds for them. However nothing stopped me from doing some random plat farm to earn 300p & buy that Energizes. Can I buy Genesis adapters? I would buy them.

You can't buy a Prime Accessory when it's out of rotation, Nightwave cosmetics are unobtainable until they return, the alert system caused so many problems that it was scrapped for Nightwave, founder items will never be obtainable again, and you can't go and buy most event cosmetics like sigils or emblems.

These new adaptors aren't going anywhere, they just might be unobtainable for some time for those who miss a rotation.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Just because fomo isn't new (many examples of it in game) doesn't make it ok or a trend they should continue.

It's still hardly fomo when nothing is going to disappear permanently or even for some undisclosed amount of time. If you miss one you know it'll be exactly six weeks before you have a chance to get it again.

2 hours ago, Kaiga said:

This is a bit of a red herring flood.

-Prime vault/event items are attainable year round in other ways, namely invasions/trading.
-Nightwave/many prime vault contents are rewards from other things (arcanes, boosters) or are cosmetic with no impact on gameplay.
-The founders program is irrelevant as it's no longer accessible, it's not a time gate if the gate is permanently shut.

Prime Accessories and a lot of event cosmetics remain unobtainable until they return. And some event cosmetics are gone for good like the Stratos Emblems or most Glyphs. As well most event weapons were unobtainable for lengthy periods after an event ended and some were put behind very annoying systems (Like the Spectra Vandal behind from random RJ POI rewards or pretty much every Invasion weapon).

It's still proof that this isn't a new concept to the game. It's also still a form of fomo when something that's normally "difficult" to acquire is temporarily put somewhere far easier, miss that and you now get a far larger grind, time, and/or RNG walls to go through. As well the new Adaptors have virtually no impact on gameplay when we already have many better weapons than weapons with the new upgrades.

It was still fomo, which you're also bringing up here, as it was made clear that it was a one-time deal.

And all of this was just talking about systems with fomo related issues. If you want to talk about time gating then the entire game is literally built upon that concept. From daily caps, daily/weekly missions, crafting times, and even the login system.

6 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I have a serious question here:
Why do you need everything to have the incarnon mode when some of them, even with the incarnon adapter, are going to still suck to the point you won't really use it?

I mean sure, it is the new shiny....but this is rediculous...especially for the weapons that don't have a version that'll be useful in higher level content.
For example say you get the "Furis" incarnon genesis....so what?  Will that suddenly make the weapon usable above level 10 in any way shape or form?  Or will it still be a bottom of the barrel useless weapon that you immediately shelve?

Incarnon can provide some benefits but I seriously doubt it's going to be enough to make some weapons usable/fun....so why all the bother and worry about getting the stuff?

I do agree that a game shouldn't be a second job...but maybe some of that is on you to not push yourself to get everything even when you know ahead of time that you won't enjoy it or use it after getting it.

Well, according to Leyzar Gaming's Incarnon Braton Prime demo, it's now  beyond top tier due to the Incarnon form adding a low falloff small aoe with every shot!! Stats are up across the board with very high crit chance/crit damage (48% @ 3.4x iirc).

So, hell yeah they're good! 

7 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Games shouldn't be a second job.

So, having things that don't go anywhere is FOMO just because it's limited to 2 a week? I suggest you don't dip your toes to any online game where things are limited and it goes away in a short period where you're expected to do a month of grind in a week or two (and sometimes pay money to get all stuff)

1 hour ago, trst said:

It's still hardly fomo when nothing is going to disappear permanently or even for some undisclosed amount of time. If you miss one you know it'll be exactly six weeks before you have a chance to get it again.

It's widely accepted the archon shards are a fomo system just like this. You are putting an arbitratory idea that fomo must include non reoccurring rewards which is simply untrue. What is true is this practice DE uses is predatory and we not should accept it because other companies use it. The gaming industry is in a terrible state and you should not be ok with that or simply excuse it off. Warframe is only slightly better then the rest.

Why should I have fear of missing kunai or bo incarnon lol?

1小时前 , (PSN)GEN-Son_17 说:

Well, according to Leyzar Gaming's Incarnon Braton Prime demo, it's now  beyond top tier due to the Incarnon form adding a low falloff small aoe with every shot!! Stats are up across the board with very high crit chance/crit damage (48% @ 3.4x iirc).

So, hell yeah they're good! 

Nothing beat Devouring Attrition baby, no matter how infernally hellish good they are.

2 hours ago, trst said:

You can't buy a Prime Accessory when it's out of rotation, Nightwave cosmetics are unobtainable until they return, the alert system caused so many problems that it was scrapped for Nightwave, founder items will never be obtainable again, and you can't go and buy most event cosmetics like sigils or emblems.

These new adaptors aren't going anywhere, they just might be unobtainable for some time for those who miss a rotation.

Prime Accessories and a lot of event cosmetics remain unobtainable until they return. And some event cosmetics are gone for good like the Stratos Emblems or most Glyphs. As well most event weapons were unobtainable for lengthy periods after an event ended and some were put behind very annoying systems (Like the Spectra Vandal behind from random RJ POI rewards or pretty much every Invasion weapon).

It's still proof that this isn't a new concept to the game. It's also still a form of fomo when something that's normally "difficult" to acquire is temporarily put somewhere far easier, miss that and you now get a far larger grind, time, and/or RNG walls to go through. As well the new Adaptors have virtually no impact on gameplay when we already have many better weapons than weapons with the new upgrades.

It was still fomo, which you're also bringing up here, as it was made clear that it was a one-time deal.

And all of this was just talking about systems with fomo related issues. If you want to talk about time gating then the entire game is literally built upon that concept. From daily caps, daily/weekly missions, crafting times, and even the login system.

Prime accessories are available for like 3 months and now we have prime resurgence.

Event sigils are a lot more "meh" than an arcane adapter for a specific weapon a player might care about.

Founder packs were a totally diffetent not-just-for-the-hek of it kind of deal.

Nightwave series last like a year and you can catch up. 

Nothing you brought up isnt apples to oranges.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Nightwave series last like a year and you can catch up.

Ironically Nightwave were supposed to be a 3-month-ish thing, to add story and lore between updates. Didn't realize that they're now nearly 6-10 months apart now...

For me i just don t have time for everything, and i m Mr 30 and i still feel it is to much , between weekly sortie, weekly SP circuit, weekly kalh, daily sortie, nightwave,Open rivens, farming prime parts, farming SP to buy froom tenshi. And remember you still need to time to farm resources in duviri to build the incarnon weapons, lets not even talk about the Arcanes u need buy on duviri. XD . No i m not obligated to do everything, i m just divided between doing origin system or duviri, i don t i will never have time to play weekly to do this much is like DE just put 8 carrots in a stick and me has the horse have to decide the 4 carrots i can get weekly even if when only have time to eat 2 XD.

While I don't think a half a year to max a system is that big of a deal (Tau Shards will take decades), there's also no reason whatsoever to have individual adapters on a rotation. We could have a generic Incarnon Adapter you get at the same tier 5 and 10 that you just put on whatever eligible weapon you want. Why gate it? It's not necessary and will only cause problems when DE adds more to the pool.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)MartiniBaby23 said:

For me i just don t have time for everything, and i m Mr 30 and i still feel it is to much , between weekly sortie, weekly SP circuit, weekly kalh, daily sortie, nightwave,Open rivens, farming prime parts, farming SP to buy froom tenshi. And remember you still need to time to farm resources in duviri to build the incarnon weapons, lets not even talk about the Arcanes u need buy on duviri. XD . No i m not obligated to do everything, i m just divided between doing origin system or duviri, i don t i will never have time to play weekly to do this much is like DE just put 8 carrots in a stick and me has the horse have to decide the 4 carrots i can get weekly even if when only have time to eat 2 XD.

Just do which one you want. Thankfully stuffs in Warframe don't take too long to finish while other games usually need 10 minutes to clear a run and I'm still bouncing between SketchUp, PUBG mobile, Shadow Fight Arena, Squad Alpha, Second Extinction, Dead Frontier 2 and Warframe at night

I can't believe I'm saying this, but they should function like Simaris Targets.  You can get a target, and have it as long as you want, and once you finally turn it in, you just wait for reset and can get another.  I'm not suggesting a Daily reset, since I know DE doesn't like us that much.  But you should be able to pick any 2 from the whole selection, keep your progress on them and do them at your pace, and once you finish, Sunday reset hits and you can pick another 2.  You could do 2 every week, or 2 over a year if you want/need that schedule and then still be able to pick any other two as soon as it resets.  That's still a 15 week grind at best.  And it saves all the headache of FOMO while still time-gating it, since DE loves time gates so much.

I am really hoping they change the adapter system ,

The limitation is kinda on the rougher side, as it is less about time gating and more about exact time waiting.

I will settle for a choice of one incarnon adapter per week if it's for a choice of any melee , secondary or primary.

Players will burn out real fast, its a bad idea, doing a forced run of 3+ hours every week + resources farm to get a gigaboosted braton or skana, yea they probly are bugged with high riven dispo and hits by million every shoot, but at this point who cares. Also we all know when something its hitting very very high numbers they nerf it

I generally farm the whole game, im actually maxed and i used 2000+ formas but honestly on this one i not feel it

I gonna end with duviri gameplay, instricts, drifter melee and new bow and move on, this is the first time i gonna totally ignore a content in warframe in the last 4 or 5 years

10 hours ago, Kaiga said:

A 5 week (possibly more, new incarnon are coming) punishment because you couldn't play that week to get the thing you wanted sounds like the opposite of a system that keeps players coming back for more lmao

Couldn't agree more as I'm only really interested in the vasto incarnon adapter. I'm having fun with steel path circuit for now but I doubt I'll even be playing warframe regularly by the time vasto rotation shows up. I hope I remember to check in that week because if I don't I'll probably take a break until the next expansion rather than wait 5 additional weeks to be able to work towards the reward I want.

That's also assuming I can even be bothered to get the materials to use the icarnon. Duviri outside circuit is genuinely dreadful, the expansion plays like a lazy asset flip game on steam early access. The art assets are sublime so it's a damn shame whoever was responsible for the open world gameplay phoned it in like this.

14 hours ago, trst said:
18 hours ago, quxier said:

Most of the things you have mentioned are available elsewhere, even if it's not exact form (e.g. normal vs prime frame). I wanted 3x Energize from nightwave because I didn't want to pay hundreds for them. However nothing stopped me from doing some random plat farm to earn 300p & buy that Energizes. Can I buy Genesis adapters? I would buy them.

You can buy few cosmetics, sigils etc? Well, let me quote myself again with larger font so you understand it more clearly:

Most of the things

(I like when text don't fit into quote field)

And in case you don't understand "most of the things" doesn't mean "ALL of the things".

14 hours ago, trst said:

Nightwave cosmetics are unobtainable until they return,

Checked few helmets-> 75 plat in the wiki

Weapons' skins are probably N-only

That's a lot. 20ish skins

14 hours ago, trst said:

Prime Accessory

What the.... is that. I've checked 4th or 5th page and no one going to list it.

In general, if I haven't said it already, those are just cosmetics. It's not something like Arcanes or Genadapters.

14 hours ago, trst said:

As well most event weapons were unobtainable for lengthy periods after an event ended and some were put behind very annoying systems (Like the Spectra Vandal behind from random RJ POI rewards or pretty much every Invasion weapon).

You have normal Spectra. And probably dozen of very similar weapons.

There are probably few weapons that are pretty unique which were available for short time (afair Athodai) but those are very small number of weapons.

14 hours ago, trst said:

As well the new Adaptors have virtually no impact on gameplay when we already have many better weapons than weapons with the new upgrades.

If you put <insert the best weapon of our gear> then yeah, they may not be good. But they still improve gameplay in some way. Not everything has to be SP-better kind of thing.

14 hours ago, trst said:

Time game of crafting times, daily caps are not so severe. It may be grindy as in "do this mission every single day during 1 month" but you still see the progress. With things like Adapters, Archon hunts and few others (probably) if you don't do all stuffs at that time you don't get anything. No progress at all. Do 1 archon mission? Doesn't matter.

13 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
20 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Games shouldn't be a second job.

So, having things that don't go anywhere is FOMO just because it's limited to 2 a week? I suggest you don't dip your toes to any online game where things are limited and it goes away in a short period where you're expected to do a month of grind in a week or two (and sometimes pay money to get all stuff)

That's why I've not been pulled in to play any MMO games. Although I love fantasy, magic and melee fights. Those are just ways to force us to do something. At least in some cases.

9 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
10 hours ago, (PSN)MartiniBaby23 said:

Just do which one you want. Thankfully stuffs in Warframe don't take too long to finish while other games usually need 10 minutes to clear a run and I'm still bouncing between SketchUp, PUBG mobile, Shadow Fight Arena, Squad Alpha, Second Extinction, Dead Frontier 2 and Warframe at night

I think Warframe still requires 10+ minute runs. It's not so uncommon in this game as you may think.

I think its important to generally give a bit of context when we use certain terms. FOMO for example. Warframe already has some FOMO components as long as I can remember. Subjectively, each instance may vary to degrees for different people, as far as positive, negative neutral and so on. May even get more nuanced too. FOMO of course also exists outside of Warframe too, in a similar way.

Warframe generally isn't too bad... there are only really 3 items I understand as never returning. There are some items or systems I think invoke FOMO in a more 'negative' way than others. Wolf Sledge for example, originally tied in to Nightwave, is technically still available, but requires a lot of effort. Nightwave in general can tap into FOMO, but arguably its slightly offset by the length of time involved. Also people could argue the type of rewards there too. Nightwave also often brings back older rewards too. Prime Unvaulting was a type of FOMO system too. Arguably replaced by a more forgiving system. Still a bit of FOMO though. Again though, its not like you will be permanently prevented from most items though. FOMO can be offset by understanding you have ample opportunities later. 

FTP models especially (and even not FTP models) and in general ongoing service products, often rely and design on systems that encourage return visits. You know, so you build a habit and pattern of occasionally returning. Subscription services do this, most products try to do this. I mean a lot of foods have sugar in them, because your body will crave it, and develop to 'need' it. As a critique of Warframe, just saying "Warframe FOMO bad" is kind of a fangless gesture. 

Better to criticise the manner and execution, point out possible issues, ways this hurts the intent more than helps, offer better solutions. That being said, the solution that encourages players to return now and then will generally be the one that will be implemented. If you arguments amount to "I just don't understand why all Prime Warframes are just available all the time" then you probably won't really get the game, and it will be annoying. 

Personally? At first yeah, I was a bit annoyed that Incarnon Adapters were time gated. Some weeks I am busy, some weeks I am not, what if the weapons I want most, are in the busy week? Oh and one of the things I was most looking forward to, was rocking Hate, Despair and Dread together, because of the synergy they will have. Mind you... thats an expectation I developed after reading leaks for the game. I have to acknowledge that. Still sucks I have to wait like 2 moths to use that load out but hey. Also... makes sense. Warframe generally wants to avoid players burning out, and players to regularly return. Some players would probably have gone hard to try and get all 30 Incarnon Adapters in the first week, then complain of lack of content, get themselves burned out and then just wait for the next big update. Its also okay and valid that thats just how some people operate, think and play. Just you know, it makes sense that DE would want to proof against that and opt for a system that encourages returning regularly to work towards a goal. Also if you don't value the goal...? Then you can bypass it. Of course that does mean that if you do want the goal, but bypass it, having to wait, and that is a type of FOMO, just don't view it as an egregious example. 

Adjustments could be great too, no system is 'perfect', plus future complications may arise. Like if they add more weapons, but eh. 

It's a matter of perspective.

Have you all considered that it's not a matter of FOMO, but rather DE not wanting you to beat all of the new content in less than a week and immediately complain about there being nothing to do like we've done, consistently, for everything else they've released? They want you to play the game. They want you to enjoy Duviri. And instead of making the game cripplingly difficult and/or nerfing everything into the ground to slow you down, they've decided instead to gate purchases to pad out the time.

Bear in mind this is a fault of our own making. We're all so quick to rage at DE if they nerf anything that justifies necessity that they're hesitant to try it even if it means ensuring we don't trivialize the game. They want to slow us down, but any attempt at doing so results in a major community upset. This is all they can do now. Do you like feeling OP? Great, now expect DE to find weird arbitrary reasons to make sure you don't beat the new game content within a day or two.

17 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Why do you need everything to have the incarnon mode when some of them, even with the incarnon adapter, are going to still suck to the point you won't really use it?

Most of the new Incarnon modes have pretty competitive stats, and that's without knowing the gimmicks they'll have. The evolutions have the potential to make nearly any base statline good.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

I think Warframe still requires 10+ runs. It's not so uncommon in this game as you may think

10+ runs where you can finish most in sub 1 minute or up to 20 minutes for rotation C, that's really short considering most will cost you around 10 minutes for one drop (rotation A, longer for more) if not extended with "go from here, reach that place, finish the objective and then go back to where you start and survive for a minute before the extraction is available

Archived