Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually USE Their Umbra Forma?

Galoain

Question

Something I've noticed as I've researched Warframe builds is that they'll use one or two Umbral mods, but explicitly WON'T use an Umbra Forma for it, and I'm curious as to what to DO with them if none of the best setups even NEED one.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that even newer players who haven't completed a Nightwave act yet can make these builds, but as I've just gotten a second Umbra Forma and haven't even used the first one I've got, I'm wondering if instead of wasting them by using them on a Warframe that then won't see much use, I'm wasting them by not using them at all...

I've used 2 or 3 of my Umbral Forma.  My personal rule is that it has to go in a Prime Frame (so it won't be replaced with an upgrade later), and it has to be a frame where I would always want either Power Strength or at least 2 of the Umbral mods.

I think I gave one to Mesa Prime, and one to Mag Prime.  I may have given one to Nova Prime as well, though I can't recall.  If Wisp was prime, she would have gotten one.

there will be more option for umbra forma eventually, regardless it's not needed atm. i just use one on Inaros for vitality and armor, for intensify i just used an unranked one i brought from simaris. just for the set bonus. since inaros barely has any ability that need strength. still got 3 left (all 4 from nightwave/intermission) not sure if im gonna use it on any other since not all frames need set of these three

I haven't used any yet. I was waiting for the "New War" but since it is not coming in the form I was expecting it, I might just slap a couple on Frost and a couple on some other frame and be done with it. Not planning on using any of them on weapons, there are so many changes with them that it doesn't make a lot sense to me, and I feel more attached to some warframes than weapons. Unless I become too jaded with the game in general, then I'll just purchase an MK-1 Braton and spend them all on it.

16 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I used the 3 that I had on 2 Warframes

My friend used all 4 of his on Valkyr/Talons Prime.

If you have something you know you like then you can Slap Umbra Forma on it with mostly no regrets.

If not... Dont Use Them....

"mostly no regrets" ....... so that would be slap on Umbra Forma and have regrets???? Lol.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Haven't used a single one:

1. The build (with umbral mods) has to make sense for the frame. If I don't normally use vitality, steel fiber or intensify in a build, then I'm not going to use the umbral versions.
  2. The build can't be achieved with normal forma. If I can fit it all on with normal forma, then I'll do that.
  3. The build would be missing something significant (i.e. not an exilus mod or something that can be substituted by a cheaper mod).

Haven't really found a build that meets all 3 criteria yet. Closest I've gotten is an empty exilus slot and maybe having to use Steel Charge or a cheapo version of a mod. In retrospect I could have left Umbral Vitality and maybe Fiber at a lower rank instead of maxing them out.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

"mostly no regrets" ....... so that would be slap on Umbra Forma and have regrets???? Lol.

Its going to be different for each player. Especially if they use it on non-prime Equipment.

I myself almost used my first Umbra Forma on Equinox Vanilla 2 Weeks before Equinox Prime was released. 

Now that would be regretful.

On 2020-07-29 at 7:22 AM, Galoain said:

Something I've noticed as I've researched Warframe builds is that they'll use one or two Umbral mods, but explicitly WON'T use an Umbra Forma for it, and I'm curious as to what to DO with them if none of the best setups even NEED one.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that even newer players who haven't completed a Nightwave act yet can make these builds, but as I've just gotten a second Umbra Forma and haven't even used the first one I've got, I'm wondering if instead of wasting them by using them on a Warframe that then won't see much use, I'm wasting them by not using them at all...

With something so rare and hard to acquire people want to be DAMN SURE, they want to commit it to whatever warframe they are thinking of using it on.  

You only want to use them on a frame you plan on using ALOT.  Or use them on a frame where you NEED that extra mod space for exilus slot (range/strength/radar).

I've personally been thinking about using at least one of them on my Oberon Prime, but not right now because I don't even HAVE the Umbral Mods yet (The War Within is the next quest on my list, once I finish up Pluto), but it's probably a good idea to know what Im getting into in advance.  Maybe using the other on my trusty Frost Prime or a Chroma Prime once I build one.  I have a bunch of Primes at this point and I'm trying to get more of them, but don't really know which ones will actually see the most use compared to the ones whose aesthetics I like.  I love Oberon Prime to bits because Paladins are awesome, but I suspect once my Wukong Prime is finished I'll end up using him much more often to deal with hassles like Spy missions, Derelict runs and Halls of Ascension.

People don't really post umbra forma builds because of the logistics of it. There are only so many umbra formas you can get (unless you got INCREDIBLY lucky farming old Railjack anomaly, before it was changed) and you can't trade them. 

If you're a YouTube builder or Twitch streamer or whatever, you want to showcase lots of different stuff and builds, not 2 a year use of umbra formas would restrict you to.

If you HEAVILY prefer certain frame/melee and don't see yourself switching anytime soon, though...

Archived