Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star is my favorite event, why remove it like you removed raids

redkunaz

While i generally dislike and disagree with content removal, i wont miss plague star.

Asset flipping an old boss model and rolling it into another bounty on cetus is about as creative as a well defined footprint in a pile of dog poop. 

They can do better. 

I hope that the event continues with the forms .... if you withdraw, you can see that they want to force the player to buy forms. At first I spent a lot buying forms and only once did this event and get as many forms as possible .... and now I have 50 ready ... after the last event that was in January I managed to gather more or less 150 shapes purchased in that event and now I am 50 ..... and I continue to make shapes daily. If you cut that supply out of shapes I will no longer be able to try weapons ... and soon I will lose interest in the game ..... If the DE really wants to do that I am sorry .... but I will have to find other game options .

The same thing was done with the alerts ... they removed it to make room for nw. Both could co-exist ..... but DE does not have maturity or vision of the game. Their focus is on temporary content to hold an audience ... once that content is consumed they do other things. I think that if they remove the event and its forms it will damage and the image that they had that was friendly ... will become something else and ugly.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

The overreaction is incredible, saying that it's not coming back this year doesn't mean it will never come back. Wait for an official announcement before jumping to conclusions

lets see dude....i hope you are right but i have many doubts.

Removing it entirely isn't the feeling I got from what they said. They just said it's not coming back this year. It's usual only run once or twice a year, so this is really not a surprise. (THE FOLLOWING IS MY OWN SPECULATION) I believe since Reb said that SOME of the rewards from Plague Star will be returning this year in some way, that we are going to see an event on Diemos. Them opting to put more focus on the new open world as apposed to PoE right now makes sense, and it fits with some of the Plague Star rewards being infested and all. (AGAIN, JUST MY SPECULATION!)

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

While i generally dislike and disagree with content removal, i wont miss plague star.

Asset flipping an old boss model and rolling it into another bounty on cetus is about as creative as a well defined footprint in a pile of dog poop. 

They can do better. 

Like Deimos Bounties? Scarlet Spear? Railjack Exterminate Skirmish?

Plague Star wasn't the most unique boss ever as a copy-pasted Lephantis, but the Bounty had some quirks and was reminiscent of old Warframe style grind. Plague Star still had small twists as most gamemodes that are added. The art and sound team does an amazing job repurposing old mechanics into a fresh new update. Please don't pretend like Plague Star's uncreative design is something new. Most additions in the last 3 years follow the same design pattern. Dog Days is just Rathuum, Disruption is just Mobile Defense with a speed factor, Empyrean only has one objective: kill X, Scarlet Spear was Mobile Defense with a new boss to smack around, Deimos Bounties are mostly Mobile Defense, Isolation Vaults are Mobile Defense, the list goes on really.

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

They can do better. 

I like the event and rewards but yeah, the Hemocyte is an awful boss. Just took Lephantis and plopped him on the plains with zero context. The whole thing was super lazy, he just walks out of the side of the giant boil like he's got noclip enabled. I would not miss that boss one bit but I'd miss the entire story/dialogue of Plague star if it were to vanish forever.

Did you actually enjoy the missions or did you just enjoy the Forma it brought?

Regardless please refer to this post:

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

The overreaction is incredible, saying that it's not coming back this year doesn't mean it will never come back. Wait for an official announcement before jumping to conclusions

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Plague Star wasn't the most unique boss ever as a copy-pasted Lephantis,

Let us not forget this was "supposed" to be a Placeholder boss, yet it never got a model or rework, typical DE moment sadly. Yet Jackal of course needed one as first/second basically tutorial boss, sure, not like, i don't know, Phorid and the Sergeant. Guess why Plague Star rarely shows up to not make it as obvious how copy pasted it is? *shrugs*

I was going to ask how it could possibly be anyone's favorite event...but then I realized, it's not like the competition is anything special.  Shoot, I detest Plague Star--and it still might be my second  favorite.

Favorite is Ghoul Purge.  Because I can completely ignore it. :P 

friendly reminder that the music Room on Lua has a chance at built Forma. sure, it's not as efficient, or guaranteed like Plague Star, but with a little luck and perseverance, you can still get more Forma without touching your foundry.

kinda wanted to use Necramech on Hemocyte, and part of me wonders if that was one of the reasons for pulling it; because they can't find a way to balance Hemocyte in a way that makes him fun to fight for everyone while not getting rinsed instantly by a fully upgraded Necramech. I believe one of several things could happen instead:

- Plague Star remains on earth but gets reworked, perhaps to include the newer enemy types from Deimos. 

- Plague Star gets taken to Deimos instead, the new enemies would be a given, and the environment is more suitable

- Plague Star is totally scrapped just like raids, and we get a new event that gives built Forma (or they add Built Forma to the drop tables of another event, such as Scarlet Spear.)

- Plague Star actually will come back  but with no rework. cue a a full Squad of Necramechs making Hemocyte wish he never landed on earth lol.

personally I have enough Forma at the moment, and Forma BPs drop like candy during the latest Prime farm, the only downside is waiting on the foundry.

10 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Did they confirm that Plague Star was gone for good? All I heard is it was not coming back this year.

Rebecca outright said "Its coming back, just not this year".

But making outrageous claims, drama and sh*tting on the devs is easy upvotes.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (XB1)C11H22O11:

You mean like they said raids would return at the end of the year they where removed in?

Archived