Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] As long term veterans, are you interested in long endurance runs?

Galuf

I enjoy endless SP survival runs to test build idea's mainly fueled by Helminth. But that's becomming a joke because they all can it doesn't take much to make a build SP survival rdy.

Other than that not really, we still don't have scaling rewards and DE doesn't want to change that so meh...

While i might pine for the old days now and then, i know we cannot go back. Warframe has become gods among mortals even without talking about Rivens. It will only get worse as more systems = more power creep every single year.

I've only been playing like a year and a half so I guess I'm not a real vet but, I have 4.2K hours and I'm MR30 so that has to count for something.

I still really like endurance runs. I normally run endurance solo so I can pause and get up to do stuff around the house though. I'm not sitting there for 6h+ straight. I'll play for an hour or so and go do something else. When I feel like it I can come back and pick up where I left off. 

I like making stupid Helminth builds on frames I don't regularly play. I try and give every frame a chance and not just overlook them because people think they have old outdated kits and are trash. Slowly working my way through the roster testing builds, once I find one I like I shoot for taking frames to about lvl 5K. If I'm really enjoying the build and I have time I'll go for max lvl. A lot of the time I'll end up running 40m to an hour and find something I dislike about the build and go back to tweaking it. It's more about the process of perfecting a frame build and weapon combo that is capable of running to max lvl than actually getting to max lvl. That's the part I enjoy.

The Acolytes in SP kind of piss me off. I like the idea of mini boss spawns mid mission but most of them have some unavoidable damage or ability mechanics that just bother me. Malice has magnetize, unavoidable mag procs followed by an op Opticor blast.  Mania with the unavoidable endless Switch Teleports that stagger you chained into a Lacera hit that knocks you up. Violence just turns your abilities off and prevents you from casting. Unavoidable attacks do not make a game difficult, just annoying. 

I don't really need the rewards, SE is a nice bonus, I guess but, really it's just something to do. 

Nope. Never have, likely never will.

20-30 minutes is more than enough time for me to get bored of a given tile arrangement, and since most endurance strategies I'm aware of focus on hunkering down in a single spot (even for missions that don't strictly require it, like Survival), even that variety gets taken out.

While I like that there is now an option to fight higher-levelled enemies in the star chart, Steel Path's arbitrary bonus modifiers pretty much kill the mode for me on any mission that isn't purely against Infested. I'm not really a fan of padded sumo gameplay, which is what the mode is if you don't bring a loadout that let you ignore the HP modifiers (via things like Viral or damage-boosting powers).

I used to like the old Steel path because it used to reward the effort that you put in that mission, but DE made clear that they want the opposite. This is one of the few things I don't like of the developement of this game. I know this is to preserve the mental health of those who can't stop themselves but honestly is so annoying. I love endless missions but with rewards.

I'm... kind of indifferent to long runs... at least now.

I started this account and wanted to stop being a solo player, so joined a clan to see what those were about. That clan, for better or worse, turned out to be a high-tier long-run clan that regularly (as in daily at that point) put in multi-hour runs for resources on the old Tower system and farmed Prime parts by the bucket load. I must have traded for more Plat in those first years than in total for the rest of my game time...

After that I retired into a nice little personal clan and helped my alliance out, I didn't do a lot of long runs, but still kept the strategies in mind for teaching newer players.

When DE announced the change to Steel Essence later last year, I decided to see what missions actually got me the most Steel Essence while Solo (with a booster on, naturally) so that I could compare to the gains I would get under the new system. As I've been unable to play for the last month, my testing has been as-yet inconclusive about the new system, so we'll see about that on another thread.

Here's the best run for those, by the way, on Ani in the Void:

Spoiler

debpww2-23ac1dd0-ed84-48d3-bb5b-14fa0849

So I can definitely do the long runs, and will do them for research/teaching purposes now and then, but I stopped relying on them for entertainment.

I will put my vote down as 'yes'. With the simple caveat of 'if the rewards are there'.

If there is no reason to do them, then the vote is 'no' because there's better things to do and more fun to be had doing them.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

I've only been playing like a year and a half so I guess I'm not a real vet but, I have 4.2K hours and I'm MR30 so that has to count for something.

YOU ARE WILD. I’ve been playing for a year and haven’t even hit 500 hours yet.

I’m def not a veteran, but regardless my answer to the OP is that I enjoyed seeing how long I could make it back when I was a newb and the game could get challenging. But now that my gear is top notch, staying past an hour just gets boring.

Edit: I had to do the math on this, you’re averaging 7+ hours a day for 18 months straight. Confirmed you are madman.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

YOU ARE WILD. I’ve been playing for a year and haven’t even hit 500 hours yet.

I’m def not a veteran, but regardless my answer to the OP is that I enjoyed seeing how long I could make it back when I was a newb and the game could get challenging. But now that my gear is top notch, staying past an hour just gets boring.

I just don't sleep very much or often. 

I'm pretty sure the way I play solo endurance also adds some extra time. Say I run a 6h survival, I might be in the mission 12h or more but the game is paused and I'm afk doing stuff around the house.

Honestly the greatest enjoyment I get in warframe these days is decorating our dojo, the game just lacks any semblance of challenge and in the very infrequent events that occur where you think "alright let's go for it guys", they nerf or ban anything that makes the scores remotely different. As a clan warlord for several clans I keep up to date with all the latest gear and updates but that's the extent of my play these days, I'd rather spend time in the game decorating. There's just no loot in the game I need, I have millions or thousands of everything and no fun found in going for longer in a mission for the past year or so, which is a shame.

Dude I lose interest after like 20 minutes. I don't have the attention span to *sit in a Starchart room for 20+ minutes*

Please no mandatory Long Endurance Runs, just Optional

I'm OK with chilling for a few hours on Vallis or Deimos, just not the standard Starchart Maps 

Been playing for, 4 or 5 years? MR 29. Last I checked had 1.5isk K hours on Xbox. Originally started on Playstation, so there's Uncounted Hours There Too

Edit*  around 1800ish hours on Xbox

no.

if the rewards scaled well, I'd maybe reconsider, and when I first started playing I kind of enjoyed longer runs, but eventually, a combination of Old Void Burnout and DE's gradual shift towards short-length missions drove me away from endurance. I just started to find staying on the same map incredibly boring. part of me thinks its because there just isn't enough stuff to kill sometimes, especially solo. but mainly I think it's being in the same rooms, with the same music, the same enemies and the same rewards for a long time just bores me to death. 

at this point though, DE have basically confirmed several times that they don't want Endurance runs to be a thing. trade bans for long running players, only introducing and making short modes and maps, and an outright refusal to introduce even slightly scaling rewards in endless runs. Steel path was a haven for endurance runners before the changes, but now there's no real reason to go for long runs because Steel Essence can be gained via alerts. Arbitrations are about the closest thing there is, but the rewards are still meh at best and most Arbi groups I find leave in 5 or 10 minutes, with the 1 or 2 steel essence we can get in that time.

the endurance running days are long dead, and won't be coming back, not without a complete U-turn in DE's creative direction.

I personally don't find endurance runs inherently enjoyable. The moment one spends too long in a single tileset, the repetition starts to set in I feel, and gameplay feels stale. It doesn't help that increases in enemy difficulty don't meaningfully alter gameplay, so to me endurance runs are mostly a game of patience while doing the same thing for as long as possible. I find much more enjoyment in doing shorter missions and varying tilesets, objectives, loadout, etc., in the process.

No. I used to do them with void keys because it was more efficient. I just started doing them again (like two hour runs) somewhat recently because of modes such as Arbitrations (only one run per hour available) and old Steel Essence farm encouraged me to do so. Now I picked them up again because of Kuva Survival fissures (scaling Kuva) and to stress test builds (SP Mot).

Basically I do them if it has a reason for me but not because I inherently enjoy staying in a mission for more than 60 minutes.

To give a second post further explaining my stance - I'll cite Deep Rock Galactic. That game has missions that take as long as any endurance run, at least 15 minutes - several can take an hour or more. It's a horde shooter like Warframe is to. So how come I don't get bored when I'm playing it?

DRG keeps things fresh. Taking the most basic mission type (Basically go from point A to point B and then point C to mine the objective), there's still a whole bunch of stuff to consider. Before objectives, you're constantly moving between different environments, and you're always on the lookout for gold or nitra - the former for money, the latter for ammo. So there's always something to do. Then there's the main objective, but that's basically an extension on the aformentioned lookout. THEN there's the secondary objective, which are usually tricky to grab and force a slightly different approach. And sometimes the game will occasionally throw mini events called 'tertiary objectives' into the mix for some bonus loot, and there's a couple of types of those. And then there's the combat, which comes in waves called 'Swarms', which aren't constant - between you'll maybe be dealing with at most five enemies at a time, whereas during a swarm you'll typically face 30-50.

So, even though you're in for a comparable amount of time as a Warframe endurance mission, you're kept engaged with a wide variety of different activities - traversal, at least two objectives and combat. Warframe endurance missions, by contrast, are usually stationary, and the objective is the combat. So there's only ever one thing to do. And you're doing it for 20 minutes... 30 minutes... an hour...

The only endurance runs I do are only Arbitrations mainly, and sometimes Kuva Survival fissure missions. I will say we definitely need scaling rewards in this game. It would make long runs 1+ hour more worth doing. But I think the main reason people don't, is because of host migration issues.

Though from reading all the replies, what blows my mind are the amount of people that say they fall asleep after only 30+ min of playing of boredom. Really? How the hell does that happen? lol. Perhaps you need to drink some caffeine or take and Adderall so you don't fall asleep mid mission lol. Personally, I don't see how the hell you could get bored during an Arbitration for example. You always have to be on your game or you die really quickly.

Nope. Dozens of multi hour t4 Defense runs for a Loki component permanently killed my drive to spend that long in a mission ages ago. Requiem Survivals is the only mission type I'll do for over an hour and that's still only if I also have a resource booster active.

10 hours ago, Galuf said:

Do not hesitate to respond with a screenshot of your game time or whatever.

Don't have a screenshot, and I'm too tired to make one (5:40 a.m over here lol), but I got over 2K hours since 2014.

And honestly, even when the rewards are good, I just can't stand endless stuff. The tilesets - especially the older ones - just don't give enough variation for that. You can run from one end to another for an hour, nothing interesting will happen. The same 4 rooms over and over again.

The mech stuff is more fun, definitely, but even there, I can't stand to stay for more than 12 waves. I had to force myself to get to 21. Never even bothered with all 36.

This just isn't the game for me when it comes to endurance content.

Take Fractured Space for an example, if it were still running officially and not held together by some peeps from the community using duct tape and gum. I could easily do an hours of survival against bots in that kind of game. But in warframe? Man, I'll fall asleep before I hit 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, FragMaster_85 said:

Though from reading all the replies, what blows my mind are the amount of people that say they fall asleep after only 30+ min of playing of boredom. Really? How the hell does that happen? lol. Perhaps you need to drink some caffeine or take and Adderall so you don't fall asleep mid mission lol. Personally, I don't see how the hell you could get bored during an Arbitration for example. You always have to be on your game or you die really quickly.

Do you understand what you are saying?

If i have to resort to drugs to play a game , i should not be playing that game.

If i have to use a different means outside the game to stay alert then the game itself lacks interest or a sense of challenge.

Doing anything repeatedly will get boring after the novelty wears off.

Warframe is the long endurance run

As i have been playing since 2014, this is the 2nd longest game i have been active in (guess what is the longest). Watching players come and go, changes to visuals, expanding tilesets, and interesting ideas with mods, powers, companions, and all that is part of the enduring aspects that keep me in it. 

As for long runs, they are relative. For instance, i used to enjoy doing Excavator missions til we had 1000 cryotic. Now i can barely get anyone going past 400. I recently did a 2 hour Steel Path exterminate since i needed some Essence to get Shotgun Riven....and i gotta say i enjoyed it.

I am a searcher loot guy. I go for the lockers and containers while attempting to find Ayatans and Rare containers. I manually scan. I search for areas i have not seen in-game with my frame. I explore tiles for all the items even if i have been on them hundreds of times

Give me this game for 7 more years and i will endure it til i canno go any more...just as all those i have outpaced that fell off

Archived