Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] As long term veterans, are you interested in long endurance runs?

Galuf

I'm not speaking about arbis because arbis are a legitimate platinum source, I'm talking about doing Endless stuff for the sake of it. For example don't vote yes if you do long kuva survival missions just because it feels adequate for kuva but you don't like it.

Do not hesitate to respond with a screenshot of your game time or whatever.

Nah. 

I can barely get through this event to be honest, being expected to go about an hour every mission. Being in the same mission really long just gets boring. I've tried long survival before, and I just end up trying to justify shortening my initial goal, and looking forward to it being over. My eyes glaze over and I start to lose focus as it becomes more and more monotonous.

Some people enjoy that, more power to them. I don't. 

I honestly really like doing hour long or so runs. Just something to do that gets everything you could want from gameplay usually, and it doesn't get "hard" within an hour and a half or so. I always try to make it so I'm getting something out of it so I will really only do relic runs (I've got more than enough kuva and other resources so kuva runs mean nothing to me), arbitrations are good too. 

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Not really. Anything over an hour just gets boring. It was a little better back in the era of void keyshares because you had to consider team comp and CC saturation, but even then it got samey and boring after the enemies hit 120

I agree, actually teaming up made it pretty cool and every run unique back in the day but now, essentially every frame and weapon combo can make it to lvl 100 pretty easily.

Going for full on endurance runs, like 3+ hours is so painful both in thought and in practice for me. I simply don't want to do the same thing for that long, not to mention you HAVE to bring good tier equipment to make it that far. 

Nope.
Not any longer.

I used to do long runs for the hek of it...but it quickly just turned into a struggle to stay awake and the "excitement" of going multiple hours morphed into "Wow, I can't wait for this to end so that I can play a different frame against a different enemy in a different tileset."

Even back in the old void key survival days it just became "How much longer do I have to stare at the same gold and white walls and the same gold and white enemies before I get the one drop I need?  Can't it just be over yet....."

I actually prefer the direction the game has been going in where its "Stay 20ish minutes then move on to something different"  that stops the tilesets, enemies, and frame that I chose from overstaying its welcome to the point where there are some frames I don't want to think about playing because of how mind-numbling boring they are once you reach hour 3 in a mission and have been hitting the same power combination non-stop for the entire duration.
Especially since you couldn't even call the longer runs any more difficult than the shorter runs.  More boring and tedius?  Yes.  Harder?  No.

And I don't even offer props to the people who can go 2+ hours in a single mission without a break.  Good job at fighting off the tedium and boredom I guess.

No.   Even the 30 minutes "challenge" I start getting bored/tedium.    Once you hit end-game there is little change between 0 minutes and 1 hour if you can rub two brain cells together.  Thus the AABC rotation (20 minutes) is enough.   

Personally I like missions that reward me for efficiency vs not dying for 5 minutes.   Honestly, why I do rail jack to level equipment....mission time is almost 100% based upon your gear and competency.  I managed to put 6 forma into Lavos and never once used him in the span of a couple hours, leveled some pets, some weapons...etc.   I also like that each person has a job and can feel useful and they also thus help get rewards/exp faster.   I like doing exterminates and captures for fissures.....suck less = get more loot

The new arcana vaults had potential but 1/2 the missions are time gated unfortunately.  Oh well.  Can't have it all..but glad what we have.

No; or at least not just for the fun factor. Sure, it can be fun to make a 2 hour survival run in steel path, ONCE, to see if you can endure it; but that gets old pretty fast. If we had at least scaling rewards (and the rewards being somewhat valuable, and not just inflated numbers of resources), that would be a different story.

everything more than 30 min gets boring...

orphix is so boring(because its force us to use necramechs and they are really boring) but not scarlet spear....because we can go back and restart and use any warframe there. ...fells more relaxing get railjack and go there again.

Certainly not in their current state. I can count the number of times I've had really good experiences with it on my hands, and half of those can be discounted due to outside variables, like Co-op (my Disruption silver trophy run), or some just some good music.

Simply put, Warframe is already kind of repetitive. Most enemy encounters are solved pretty identically - most games, especially games like Warframe struggle with it, that's nothing new. The game compensates by throwing new rooms at you, different enemy types, objectives, and you can change up your loadout as you wish. Most of my issues with the game tend to stem from things like balance taking elements like that away (for example, nuking or CC spam eliminates most of the distinction from one enemy or faction to another), but Endurance runes take it all away. Every Endurance mission takes place in at most three different rooms, usually only one, you're in the same tileset the whole time, fighting the same enemies with the same loadout. Compound that with the aforementioned balance issues and?

Well, it's just not a good experience in and of itself.

43 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

"veterans"

I'm surely not interested in any endurance mission. It's a mission type that doesn't seem to have any advantages and is bloody boring.

Maybe on SteelPath for collecting Essence it's something.

Yeah, I would easily do long endurance runs if it had rewards worth having. It's why I prefer Arbies or SP, I need the endo and SE.

I'll happily do a cple of hrs requiem survival as the kuva return is good.  Apart from that maybe an hour of mot to test builds, grind new relics, just chill out.

My favourite game mode is exterminate.  I like trying different play styles - sneeky, crazy nuke, sniper only etc.  I just wish there was a boss at the end, not just fodder all the way through.

Archived