Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)QuantumEntangle:

Recently topics regarding this are being locked very quickly as if this is an offensive matter when I believe it may be a massive saving grace for Warframe’s future and accessibility.

They are mostly threads that can be summarized to: cross-save when?
And it has been answered multiple times: they are looking into it and if DE has news on it they'll tell us.
So there is no need to open multiple threads a week to ask.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)QuantumEntangle:

So like the title says, Sony has just eliminated all restrictions and is allowing full Crossplay between all platforms for every and any game.

Do you have a source?
My latest information is that Sony is charging kind of a "cross-play fee":
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements

great! awesome news!

now you just have to solve about different build versions,

about different discounts on steam / psn store / xbox store / nintendo eshop,

about platform-locked exclusive items,

about different in-game market prices,

and just general rants about sellers in consoles going out of business since all of the rare stuff they're selling are not even close to rare for the incoming waves of PC sellers, or about PC players are generally richer since they've been playing longer and it created unfair market situation. or if it's indeed going to be a straight up cross-play: about rtx3080 people, ps5 people, and x|s people having to wait for nsw tennos load up the open world maps.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Holy Reaper3076 said:

I think they've been having cross-play open for over a year now. The problem is that Sony charges developers A LOT of money for cross-play.

So far. There's a lot of corruption on the corporate side of this, but that's not really new. The only new thing is now it's in the open--at least to some degree. 

It'll help on the console side of things. More people to play with. Cross-save is what many of us are waiting for. Then we can play where we want. Hopefully, this will lead to some progress on that front. 

That helps PLAYSTATION. Now you gotta convince Nintendo and Microsoft. And then you need to figure out the PC situation, which, granted, could probably be solved by pulling a minecraft and having a version that's the current PC build, and the console build.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Now you gotta convince Nintendo and Microsoft.

Nintendo and M$ have actually been surprisingly open on the concept iirc, at least with each other.

Toughest part is making sure everything has parity, I love my Switch but I can't deny it lags behind in the raw power department.

From what I remember from the last Reddit AMA, the answer to the question was, to paraphrase probably pretty badly. 

More of the pieces are falling together, and they are still trying to make it happen, but they aren't close enough to give us news yet. We'll get news when there is some, and they all want to make it happen one day. 

This is another piece in the puzzle that will be now be somewhat easier to fit into place, but there are still more things to do to universally make this all work. It's some fun news for off topic, but let's not read too much into it. 

Lots to do still, it's exponentially harder to make crossplay/crossave happen when you started without it first for years, so we gotta be patient here. One day DE will just tell us it's a couple weeks out, and then boom, there it will be. I still wouldn't expect it anytime soon though. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Loza03:

That helps PLAYSTATION. Now you gotta convince Nintendo and Microsoft. And then you need to figure out the PC situation, which, granted, could probably be solved by pulling a minecraft and having a version that's the current PC build, and the console build.

It could also easily be solved by only putting out builds that they're comfortable releasing on consoles instead of using the PC build in lieu of a QA department. I think that could work - just look at any other gaming company.

13 hours ago, Aldain said:

Nintendo and M$ have actually been surprisingly open on the concept iirc, at least with each other.

Toughest part is making sure everything has parity, I love my Switch but I can't deny it lags behind in the raw power department.

At least you have Mario Kart to ruin your friendships.

I wish I could buy 2 Switches, then I would throw red shells on my gf to see how she reacts.

Cross progression! That's a topic that needs to be heavily addressed because as a member of the Warframe community I have a unique veiw on it. Me and my group of friends used to play this game for what felt like countless hours and all of us back then would say nothing's going to keep us from playing this game and we aren't going to stop. Well a year later we stopped mainly because we all finally had enough money to build PC’s and play PC games but the one thing we didn't want to do was regrind Warframe to accomplish everything that we accomplished on Console. A lot of the community feels the same way that I do so when you say that you have people looking into it that means nothing that is meaningless because we have seen zero proof that people are looking into it and considering that you had it early in the game's lifetime means that you have the basic programming skill set to achieve it once again and in a way you have because you have launched cross-play between the next gen consoles and the old gen consoles. Even though you have launched a lot of exciting content that I've seen and I've said hundreds of times that this will be the content that will make me play it on Console again, it didn't cuz I just can't go back to playing in Console when I've been playing on PC now for a while. So for everyone who feels the same way as me leave a comment below with a thumbs up and if you don't put a thumbs down. 

👍

I believe they just don't want to tell us anything until they actually know they can give us what we so desire. They don't want to jump the gun on their players. 

I'm up for this all the way. I want to be able to play on my account on my NSW and my XBX and a PC if or when I get one.  Lot's of factors and variables to consider though and amongst working with the different console developers. Until that day, we can still dream. 

👍🏽

Making your entire post BOLD isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Use the search function to find over 9000 threads about any cross-whacha-ma-call-it thing, spread across pretty much every forum section...

I agree there should be one though, so its pretty much a matter of time. However, impatience will get you nowhere and will give you nothing at all.

too bold, didnt read.

also why settle for cross progression when games like destiny 2 (Which excluding switch is on the same platforms as warframe) are getting full-on crossplay this year? 

The search function is your friend.

Until Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all agree to the same terms and conditions for cross-save or cross-play, neither of those things can happen. In the interest of fairness, just because one or two console manufacturers agree doesn't mean it will be enabled for said platforms, as doing so could be viewed as a form of favoritism (i.e. one platform gets something while another doesn't get an equivalent).

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked before but I've just genuinely never seen an official reply to it. I love Warframe but I spend too much money on it on console for me to start over on PC(my own fault, I know :) ). The reason that I don't like to play on console anymore is that after spending enough time on a capable system(PC), the game just plays plain bad on ps4 with the very low framerates almost everywhere, at least for me. I just want have a good gaming experience and to not wish to throw all my progress aside. Will we ever be able to transfer accounts and if so, when?

Kind regards,

Erik

DE's official stance on account transfer as of right now:

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

Q: Why doesn’t Warframe offer cross-platform play?

A: The differences between platforms prevent us from offering cross-platform play. The updates between PC and console don’t align, for example. There are also differences between items on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. With these nuances in mind, we don’t have any plans to offer cross-platform play in the future.

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

I love how in the faq DE says "you're welcome to start a new account!"

They have no problem telling their fans/customers to go ahead and spend more of your irreplaceable time and give them more of your money just to get back what you've already earned, all because of the way they've set their game up. 

Ahh, yet another cross-play/save thread, because people are to lazy to read the FAQs or use the search bar...
vaping GIF

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:

Cross-play isn't planned:
unknown.png- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

But they said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

Zitat

For example:

Or more recent:
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, because Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).

- The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

- Sony for example charges a "cross-play fee" for (possible) lost revenue:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

etc.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Smoothie226345 said:

PC has an unfair advantage with Consol players

Getting the bugged updates first and we getting the update less bugged later seems like a great deal to me, we also don't pay real cash for tennogen think about that for a sec

Archived