Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone hates the Corpus Ship defence map right?

Guybrush88

3 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

-There's always enemies that get lost and stay around spawn rooms

Honestly this is the only thing that bothers me, but in every single defense tile happens the same sometimes, Corpus defense maps are notoriously big

Hate is a very strong word.

I mildly dislike it and I think it might do with some tweaking. Shorten the runways, force the spawns to happen only from certain spawnpoints as a function of the position of the Defense item. Nothing major.

There's too much verticality, the size wouldn't be a problem if it weren't 3 times taller than most other indoor Defense maps, which causes enemies to go full potato-brain and keep jumping between levels when the pathing can't make up its mind which overly long route it wants to take.

I avoid it as much as I can. Interception it's fine, but it's by far the worst defense tile.

Did it for railjack to clear nodes. Never did it again.

Did it for Steel Path to clear nodes. Never did it again.

Ignore sorties, ignore alerts on that tile, pretty much avoid it more times than I play.

26 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

Everyone hates the Corpus Ship defence map right?

-Room is too big

-Too many levels

-Enemies spawn far away and take forever to run to the middle

-There's always enemies that get lost and stay around spawn rooms

Its just terrible

Yes...

The old Corpus Ship defense map was compact, easy to clear out fast and easy to track where enemies were spawning from.
The current one is Ok for Interception but not Defense.

As a Defence map, yes. It's a pretty rad Interception map though.

What makes an interception map fun is having to juggle lots of defence objectives, and thus good movement. So having a really vertical map with lots of mobility challenges and catwalks and so forth works out nice, even if the AI does still get stuck now and then. Defence, on the other, is inherently a stationary game mode. Likewise, a bunch of fun defence maps are pretty poor showing as interception maps.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

As a Defence map, yes. It's a pretty rad Interception map though.

What makes an interception map fun is having to juggle lots of defence objectives, and thus good movement. So having a really vertical map with lots of mobility challenges and catwalks and so forth works out nice, even if the AI does still get stuck now and then. Defence, on the other, is inherently a stationary game mode. Likewise, a bunch of fun defence maps are pretty poor showing as interception maps.

I can agree with this. I have no problem playing this map when it's an interception. 

I don't hate it, but I zealously avoid it (and the old Uranus one and the huge ice one with the f'n courtyard in the middle). Those could get removed/replaced easily for me. I wouldn't miss them.

The Earth and Mars ones could also benefit from new pathes and better enemy pathing like the Hydron map received years ago.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yes...

The old Corpus Ship defense map was compact, easy to clear out fast and easy to track where enemies were spawning from.
The current one is Ok for Interception but not Defense.

This. 

It is way too big for a defense map. These are go-to maps for relic farming, but if they're too much hassle to play solo they turn into ghost towns. 

Exterminates, mobile defenses, intercepts...all this sort of thing should have large maps. When you're defending a fixed point with little reason to move the enemies shouldn't be spawning two zip codes away. It's unnecessary and makes the maps problematic for farming--which is a very large part of the game. 

Archived