Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For veterans bored of game like i am

Apocryphos13

You've probably already heard it, but take it easy, there are tons of other games out there, and Warframe just reached the limit of it's lifespan for me, that's about it. If DE someday pops out another similar game, where i can experience the whole journey again before it gets to an ultimately repetitive endgame, i'll gladly give it a try !

I mean, DE has created a gameplay loop that requires updating the game every 2 weeks or so to keep people interested aside from the obscene login reward requirements for the Login Tribute system. If DE could just work on more depth in the systems they add, there would be no issue with waiting weeks or months for large updates because there are deep and rich systems to dive into while you wait.

I honestly feel it's a real shame that instead of criticizing the lack depth of Warframe, players just toss the "play something else" as if it somehow excuses how shallow updates have become. Warframe is vast, but it really isn't that deep per system.

I would like to see Focus, Riven Mods, the Operator, Arcanes, Open Worlds, and consumables (Forma types, Exilus types, etc.) reach depths that create some real good gear progression for player inventories. Plains of Eidolon was on great track for this, but unfortunately Fortuna + the Plains Remaster watered this down. I'm not sure if that is due to this playerbase liking shallow, easy, and quick access to power or if DE is purposefully designing this game around being shallow to appeal to newer and less invested players.

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I mean, DE has created a gameplay loop that requires updating the game every 2 weeks or so to keep interested aside from the obscene login reward requirements for the Login Tribute system. If DE could just work on more depth in the systems they add, there would be no issue with waiting weeks or months for large updates because there are deep and rich systems to dive into while you wait.

Deep, rich etc system is nice but bugless & interesting features are important as well.

2nd-ary Vermipslicer doesn't work - it's just like another gun. Hover mode of Zephyr is nice on paper but in reality it's bad. It turns off your running and prevents you from gaining energy.

Sevagoth is boring frame: 1st & 2nd is like one ability. Shadow is better but still has some stuffs: quirky Healing ability, 3rd that does nothing in lots of cases, melee attacks are not visible and from larger POV.

I liked Protea's Temporal anchor (even it wasn't perfect and you shouldn't use it everywhere). I liked 2nd version of Xaku that can spam disarmer (now it's harder but still possible). I like melees with special gimmicks (e.g. Arum spinosa, Telos boltace, Vitrica, Zaws, gunblades etc,). I don't want to "just kill". I want to kill with some weird, funny methods. We have sooo many beautiful melees (If I had 3D printer I would print a lot... that's how beautiful they are!). However gameplay wise it's.... bad. You jump at enemy and when you touch the enemy.... you just slide around him/her. I had to remove speed mods to get something from them. With speed mods lots of weapons are very similar...

.... ok, end of rant.

For people who are bored you should consider picking up Siralim Ultimate.

I did and it is totally awesome. Put about 120 hours in a few weeks playing this thing. Scratches my "Want to grind grind grind" itch really nicely. 

I can recomend some good games arpg like grim dawn(similar with diablo 3 but much more complex and lots of secret areas, pretty good)

And for FPS shooter killing floor 1 and 2 both are very fun(not hardcore but casual)

Resident evil 2 remake(a lot of fun)

Resident evil revelations 2(not for casual players...need a lot of time invested to play mercenaries

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I mean, DE has created a gameplay loop that requires updating the game every 2 weeks or so to keep interested aside from the obscene login reward requirements for the Login Tribute system. If DE could just work on more depth in the systems they add, there would be no issue with waiting weeks or months for large updates because there are deep and rich systems to dive into while you wait.

I honestly feel it's a real shame that instead of criticizing the lack depth of Warframe, players just toss the "play something else" as if it somehow excuses how shallow updates have become. Warframe is vast, but it really isn't that deep per system.

I would like to see Focus, Riven Mods, the Operator, Arcanes, Open Worlds, and consumables (Forma types, Exilus types, etc.) reach depths that create some real good gear progression for player inventories. Plains of Eidolon was on great track for this, but unfortunately Fortuna + the Plains Remaster watered this down. I'm not sure if that is due to this playerbase liking shallow, easy, and quick access to power or if DE is purposefully designing this game around being shallow to appeal to newer and less invested players.

IMO Warframe has one of the deepest modding systems in gaming. Deep customizations.  There's tons of things to do. There's depth of you look for it. It's also sandbox game. 

It seems like you're asking it to become something different. 

As long as WF have pay to skip grind in platinum, nothing is so hard to get back in to even after a long hiatus from it.

The game is in limbo being milked by DE to the point that I don't see the story nor the game progressing into something more engaging ergo the boredom.

For The OP, I got World of Tanks whenever I need my experience in the game put to the test against another person as well as Final fantasy XIV Online where roles and real coordination in a group matter. Personally, neither of those needs are met playing WF where the grind is the only challenge there is.  

2 hours ago, Apocryphos13 said:

You've probably already heard it, but take it easy, there are tons of other games out there, and Warframe just reached the limit of it's lifespan for me, that's about it. If DE someday pops out another similar game, where i can experience the whole journey again before it gets to an ultimately repetitive endgame, i'll gladly give it a try !

My personal favorite alternate game is "dangerous or safe"

Spoiler

188472131_10224794142150337_9195185599680728855_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_map=test-rt&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=8w1R7U0JT5QAX-6OxJN&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&tp=7&oh=12c344fe9536bf209bfbd085dcb0ba9a&oe=60D25C8C

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

IMO Warframe has one of the deepest modding systems in gaming. Deep customizations.  There's tons of things to do. There's depth of you look for it. It's also sandbox game. 

It seems like you're asking it to become something different. 

I'm not Voltage, but I have a similar opinion.

On the one hand, you're not entirely wrong. Warframe probably has more options than any game I've really ever played. On the other, the game's balance is so iffy, that it has fewer meaningful choices than some games that don't even have customisation at all.

What's the point in having a hundred ways at minimum to approach any given situation if the game doesn't have space for them? Why are there so many awesome single target assassin builds when there's nothing meaningfully to assassinate in regular missions because AoE builds do single-target burst just as well? Why are there so many damage types when just three are valuable? Why is there one of the most liberating parkour systems in gaming if enemies are almost always on ground level and the majority of rooms are low-ceiling straight corridors or vast, empty boxes with nothing to parkour on? And that's just a couple of the issues that I can distill down to a short sentence. There's all this stuff to loot and grind for (including an entire second player character system if we count the you-know-whats), all these awesome environments to fight in and a combat system that's genuinely got a ton of depth and the game... doesn't ... USE them.

Warframe is as wide as an ocean, and it is as deep as one, but DE neglected to give you a submarine or scuba gear.

i want a roguelike mode that will give me a basic starting loadout, randomized assortment of missions, content, and modifiers every time i enter that mode.

like sorties, but procedurally generated every time. (I can only do the daily sortie once for one unique chain of missions. I want to be able to do an arbitrary number of unique chains per day.)

It isn't hard to see where this game started going downhill. Sure its been up and down when fortuna released and kuva lichs but when railjack release wow was that ever false advertising or what. Then they waited over a year doing little to nothing to railjack, promised railjack 2.0 would be like they showed in tennocon 2018/2019, and delivered a complete failure of an update, that players screamed at them not to implement due to certain systems like linking railjack and warframe energy, the plexus, grineer maps having no work done on them whatsoever, the list goes on.

then there are all the updates inbetween railjack, deadlock protocol, steel path, deimos, orphix venom, i don't know about anyone else, but based on the past 3 years, i don't see anything new to do other then maybe steel path. I can say with 100% confidence, i am not looking forward to the upcoming tenncon if they're just going to ignore and ghost their players and completely abandon updates a week after they release them, never touching it again.

I agree with OP DE has hit the wall with its cycle of Warframe, but only for players who have put the time and effort in.  A majority of players with say over a thousand hours in WF are starting to realise warframe is stagnating .. its just going around in circles with same same being released over and over.. but really thats warframe in a nutshell now.. a lot of the content could have been great but werent, and they havent bother to push the boundries because they are focused on new/casual to mid level players and then once these players reach the "I done everything" levels DE dont have anything for them to go into.  Everything in WF now is accessible really early on.. there is no effort required to get into SP or RJ or whatever is next .. players can taxi into anywhere.  What DE should have done is made a new Star System where you needed to be say MR 25 or above to access (no taxis).. this should have new enemies, items, pets, ships, rewards etc etc .. this would give players a task and goals to achieve .. but thats just my humble opinion as I head back to farming Kuva .. 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Because it's meaningless. fruitless, and worthless to do so. Warframe will never devote the necessary resources in order to make it ¨deep¨ because every second and budget cent allocated to said purpose means a second and a budget cent not allocated towards attracting new newcomers with fresh wallets and a game to explore and catch-up with. This was made crystal-clear without a sliver of doubt the moment they started selling Necramechs and then Railjacks, with the cherry on top being capitulating to demands of buffing guns so they can work better in hard mode. As I've said before, it's a matter of time before they start selling Steel Path/Arbitration access keys.

You are not DE's target audience, neither am I. Thus, your (Our) only options are to make peace with that and play for brain-dead fun, or move on to another game. Here, you'll only find a new frame, a new weapon, a new mod, a new arcane, and some times a new game mode designed to prolong its lifespan as much as possible by hiding all of that behind RNG.

I´m tired of sharing feedback that gets ignored. I'm tired of expecting for an endgame to exist in WF. How many times do you have to feel like DE's priorities will never align with the idea of devoting resources towards intrinsic rewards and content that tests all you have earned to the limit? Let's make count.....

There's a point in which you just have to give up and lose all hope so you won't start hating the game. It is what it is: Dumb fun with one-and-done rewards. Take it or leave it.

15 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Dumb fun with one-and-done rewards. Take it or leave it.

This some up the long term player Warframe experience. End game for us consists  of playing something else till an update drops, play the update till reward is acquired or till the 24hr grind limit is hit, then play something else till next update. That’s the reality. (Can’t wait for PSO2 new geniuses, gonna play it a lot) 
 That said sometimes I will load up and sit  in trade chat while I watch a movie or do an occasional sortie, maybe prep for the next update. But that’s about it. And that’s what Warframe is, the most casual game ever created. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

On the other, the game's balance is so iffy, that it has fewer meaningful choices than some games that don't even have customisation at all.

Can i see some examples? I'm always hearing about these awesome games that have less RNG, deeper than Warframe and bug free.... Yet I rarely see examples. 

Not doubting you, but I'm really trying to see what games you guys are comparing Warframe to. 

I also need some new games. So please give me some examples. Path of Exile is one of my favorites, but I haven't played it in a while. I couldn't get into Destiny. Not saying it read a bad game, but it didn't do anything for me. 

And I disagree about WF not having meaningful choices. The meta (YouTuber opinions) isn't always right. I find myself discovering effective builds that aren't meta, all the time. I can literally spend an entire play session in the simulacrum testing builds. meta told people that roar was the best subsume ability... It's not. And there are tons of other examples like that in WF. 

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

It isn't hard to see where this game started going downhill. Sure its been up and down when fortuna released and kuva lichs but when railjack release wow was that ever false advertising or what. Then they waited over a year doing little to nothing to railjack, promised railjack 2.0 would be like they showed in tennocon 2018/2019, and delivered a complete failure of an update, that players screamed at them not to implement due to certain systems like linking railjack and warframe energy, the plexus, grineer maps having no work done on them whatsoever, the list goes on.

then there are all the updates inbetween railjack, deadlock protocol, steel path, deimos, orphix venom, i don't know about anyone else, but based on the past 3 years, i don't see anything new to do other then maybe steel path. I can say with 100% confidence, i am not looking forward to the upcoming tenncon if they're just going to ignore and ghost their players and completely abandon updates a week after they release them, never touching it again.

It was before that. Things started going downhill when they decided that time spent making operator skins and other such rubbish cosmetics was worth more of their focus for the plat sales from newly hooked players, than retaining the interest of their loyal playerbase by working on meaningful, lore-rich content.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Warframe is as wide as an ocean, and it is as deep as one, but DE neglected to give you a submarine or scuba gear.

More like it's wide and deep as an ocean but only filled with shrimp and plankton.

As to the main topic:

I have accepted that DE itself doesn't know whether it wants to be a hunter or a farmer business. It just creates new things hoping it can somehow be both , able to get new players and sustain existing ones without actual trying to focus on either.

Most new players I introduced to the game quit very quickly (matter of weeks)  cause either 

a) it's too complex and overwhelming for them to understand

b) it's too grindy and repetitive with long wait times and RNG walls

c) They did most of the stuff within a week by plat plowing and now they are bored.

We who have stuck around (for years) probably joined at a time when the content was not so overwhelming so we managed to learn steadily as things were added or have a persistent streak and patience, we also had plenty of stuff to do so we struck a good balance of having enough understanding and sufficient content.

But now we are at the end of the road , or more accurately we are waiting for the road to be built further.

Sure we could keep running back and forth on the same road but it will get boring eventually.

I want to hold out hope, to believe that people would hold this company, a supposed monolith of free-to-play gaming, to higher standards than others. The years spent building a community around some obscure project that most big name producers swore off as an absolute failure in the making couldn't possibly end up failing, could it? The groundwork to tell an amazing story has always been there. We're drudging around in the former  universal playground of a golden empire, now laid to siege by mega-capitalists, an army of decrepit clones, abominations & adaptive machinery. We've aided communities, laborers & our former oppressors, we've made as many friends as we have foes. We've come so far after waking up from some dusty cryopod, but it seems as though those who are responsible for this behemoth of an experience have not. Perhaps this is the fate of all live-service experiences or perhaps the devs are just in a creative log & need guidance. If time has proved anything though, it's that our words have fallen on deaf ears time & time again. There is no real sense of consensus with in the community, no real defined plan or leading figures to look up to, we've all battled one another over worthless scraps. Maybe the old guard needs to hang up their hats & eloquently withdraw, either way, there's plenty of fish in the sea. The saddest thing that could ever come of this is the knowledge that it never left beta, a perpetual trapping.

I find myself becoming more pragmatic by the day. Sometimes I find enjoyment out of running amok with my clanmates, but most days it's a slog. I guess that's to be expected when the developers focus more on monetization than legitimate contributions to the story or lore implications behind their design choices. I don't know if we'll ever receive some Realm Reborn-level resurrection, but I do hope that DE considers our feedback to be benevolent in intention & chooses to value it for what it's worth.

Love me or hate me, I'll be as honest as I can be. My perspective might be as worthless as a grain of sand, but at least I'm not alone in my dissatisfaction.

3 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

wow was that ever false advertising or what.

The whole 2019 was  false advertising,  that road map… Night wave will be updated every 3 months or so. Lichers will have unique personality.   the new war coming Christmas.  THE NEXT BIG STORY QUEST ,  then on Devstream #134, two weeks before release DE tells everyone its not coming, but now will be a series of events , we have and two so fare ,,  lol

Had written out a paragraph about DE neglecting the story and lore...only to realize why bother? DE doesn't care. We can post and post, request and request. Players can request and request raid related content. Doesn't matter, not anymore. Don't know if it ever did since I haven't been around as long as others have.

3 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I kept playing waiting for the lore to advance. 
The Prologue """quest""" in which Lotus left us was
released in 2017 ....

What a #*!%ing idiot I am
tenor.gif

I've lost all hope. I am legitimately expecting a cutscene to wrap everything up followed by a month long event where we grind for new currency to buy things from [insert vendor].

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

At the same time, will DE change? I mean, seriously, will they change? I genuinely think not. So where does that leave me? I choose to play other games more and login to Warframe here and there because it doesn't matter. I'll compare it to pro wrestling: I have been a long time fan of WWE...until I came to loath their product. I spent a while hating it and getting upset at their decisions until I decided I'd stop watching and get my entertainment needs elsewhere. Happier now not to watch WWE (still watch wrestling though). Granted, I agree with "play something else" being used to stifle discussions and critiques. I'm with you on that and I don't like it at all. At the same time, for me, it got to a point where I realized DE is DE and they're not going to change or listen so I have to get entertained elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

The whole 2019 was  false advertising,  that road map…  the new war coming Christmas.  THE NEXT BIG STORY QUEST ,  then on Devstream #134, two weeks before release DE tells everyone its not coming, but now will be a series of events , we have and two so fare ,,  lol

DE made the poor decision of trying to shove Railjack/Empyrean into the main story and...sigh, it just did not work it in the way they had hoped. Now we're 4 years into the last big mission and we'll probably have to wait another year for it because of bad decisions and greed mixed with this pandemic (but mostly bad decisions and greed).

DE can't give me story. So I've gone to games that can.

Thank goodness FF14's story and characters are soo freakin' good. I love it.

Archived