Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/Discussion on the deluxe skins shown on devstream

GPrime96

I did jokingly say Khora was pregnant when the deluxe skin art was revealed back in Devstream 105. I wasn't expecting her to actually be pregnant in the model.

Also, jeez, that Garuda skin is horrible. Pretty hard to make a good Deluxe skin for her, cause she looks gorgeous by default, but that skin failed hard in all aspects.

At this point, I'm actually happy they ain't giving Mirage one. I can't imagine what abomination they could come up with, but frankly, I don't wanna see it either. If that's what passes for Deluxe, I'm fine with my poor man Mirage Prime look.

• Like 10

vor 20 Minuten schrieb GPrime96:

Highly agree. I'm one of those that went for Nova's Deluxes and prefer the second one, that one can look like Nova's wearing a Bikini with the right colors because of how they created her design. I can't imagine how much DE would gain if they gave Wisp a Deluxe (unless they really want to hide her booty).

I, personally, love the new Nova deluxe because it reminds me of the newer Deus Ex designs (Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Devided), very slick, geometrical, simple but beautiful and efficient.

To me, it's not even about "ass and titties" like someone on reddit wrote (who was happy that they went through with the "skeleton design" for Garuda deluxe), it's merely about aesthetics and not turning something that is pleasing to the eye ugly. Apart from the fact, that - again - it just doesn't make sense to turn Garuda into a "blood-starved vampire" (Rebb's words) frame visually. She has an ability that draws energy out of her own lifepool/blood for *f*'s sake! If she is "blood-starved" now ... how is that supposed to work? 🤪

Also, the more I look at the skin in actual motion the sadder I get. People laugh about the huge gap between her thighs ... Yes, that's what we all would look like if we were just skin and bone. It's a skeleton. A stick. Or "sticc". Meh.

Edited by AndrejDelaney
added a word
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AndrejDelaney said:

Apart from the fact, that - again - it just doesn't make sense to turn Garuda into a "blood-starved vampire" (Rebb's words) frame visually. She has an ability that draws energy out of her own lifepool/blood for *f*'s sake! If she is "blood-starved" now ... how is that supposed to work? 🤪

Honestly, the Blood Hungry Vampire part 'might' work on Revenant, in before Gears see this.

Ah, Khora, mechanically a better catgirl than Valkyr ..

.. but aesthetically an old cat lady wearing hats and undergarments from the 16th century.

.. and now some sort of sumo in bloomers, perhaps competing with Grendel for Grom the Paunch placeholder. 

• Like 6

I think the concept artist and the 3D designers should be more in touch. I mean, look at this:

Spoiler

D5rIXV7VUAA9msy.png

This is the original concept art for Khora's deluxe. This looks amazing. I don't even like Khora, but i would use it a lot more just to use this skin.

Now, look at this:

Spoiler

ZUx1IS1.jpg

This looks a lot worse to me. Doesn't the ingame version look like it has waaay different proportions?

• Like 12

Take 3 inches off of the neck, add it to the thighs and it will look merely unpleasant as opposed to strange, disproportionate and unpleasant as it does now.

Extend the corset down a bit too, rein in that tummy.

Edited by AltheusVI
Spelling
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

I think the concept artist and the 3D designers should be more in touch. I mean, look at this:

Spoiler

D5rIXV7VUAA9msy.png

This is the original concept art for Khora's deluxe. This looks amazin. I don't even like Khora, but i would use it a lot more just to use this skin.

Now, look at this:

Spoiler

ZUx1IS1.jpg

This looks a lot worse to me. Doesn't the ingame version look like it has waaay different proportions?

This isn't the first time were the concept art just looks way better man this hurts 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

Heyho^^
If you want to discuss/share your thoughts about the upcoming  Deluxe skins, pictures are always helpful 😄 
Soooo here you go, fresh out of the latest devstream/homestream:

Khora:

Reveal hidden contents

chrome_NvJYXOor9l.pngchrome_1a5VxZBsFM.pngunknown.png
(Floating cat is best cat)

I like the helmet a lot!I think (and really really really hope) with the right colouring her "belly" will look nice too...Sooo yea, will probably use the helmet, and maayyyyybe the rest with other colours^^'

Ash:

Reveal hidden contents

chrome_V4JpU5fHg4.png
WS0QkGm6lThS104F8FiWCAqDeQEoUlYX5dNTDTttQosexznMCOUDuHJlQ6goQybdxswkkvvtGRCUSwxQmes3pAnsTBuRCNHCdANDRNN9PGSK8r9Ly8REWDqs0rcmt9UB4pEhiNyF

Looking forward to the Ash-Skin. I liked that one

Garuda:

Reveal hidden contents

5eEX1FFzl4hToZ4u51LcN_MQ5Df9lZtA09M84Jx2pFsDtx9s0lRIpN_sV1Sk7M2TQzfk7sQc3rBmnT10mmMqVZfdKtwyGxfgz-mRD8vvINaFMBk6Kzoz4e00MA50_C2ecDePxZ_U

I mean...sure, why not? Strange colours and weird helmet I guess but this can work. I like the fancy claws.

Why are you looking forward to Ash skin? He'll be invisible.

• Like 2

I'm in love with new deluxes but not fan of flappy things on Garuda's head ( wish they were stiff ) and belly area of Khora ( she has beer belly ), hope they get some changes before release.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Wolfdoggie:

Why are you looking forward to Ash skin? He'll be invisible.

I have those little tenno-statues around in my liset that display a few of my different Warframes. I guess that will be the only place where he will be visible, hehe^^

• Like 1

The beer belly I can forgive as a misinterpretation of her pose in the concept art, but...seriously, her neck looks like it's nearly a foot long. It's extremely creepy and alarming, even though I like the rest of the skin. Any chance of fixing this before release?

• Like 3

In other threads we have people hating on the Khora Deluxe for not looking more like the concept art. And here we have people hating on Garuda's for looking as it did in the concept.

There really is nothing people won't complain about it seems.

• Like 5